Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Floor planner range
I mentioned this on the discord yesterday and saw people talking about it in the RP chat this morning with no forum thread made, so I'm making one. Genuinely don't know if it was intentional since there was no changelog or PR (it feels like something that could've been changed by something else?), but floor planners only have a 1 tile range now.

There's a few floor planner options that are very awkward to place, needing you to maneuver around tiles to get the right corner etc. With only 1 tile of range this is increasingly difficult.

From what I've seen people seem to be concerned about grief with it. I've never seen this in action but I'm a classic player. An infinite range means you could do it over cameras, which I could understand would be annoying if you want a particular look for your room. I'd like it if we had a range of about 3-5 or just screenwide.

(A PR was just made for this. Speedy)
In my opinion it is taking away tool versatility that was 95% of the time a complete non issue to solve a problem that is solved squarely by rule 1 Don't Grief. While I don't wish extra work on admins I also would like to remind people that the f1 key exists and anyone who is ruining your rounds is a keystroke away from having a bwoinking.
Instead creativitiy tools get more frustrating to use I guess.
As an update, the PR upping the range to 3 tiles did get merged. Some of the reasoning behind the reducing the range is also mentioned in the PR discussion.

I also want to briefly note, so things get off on the right footing, that the range reduction did get a changelog. From February 4th:
Quote:The floor and wall designer no longer has infinite range.
Yeah I got corrected on that over discord, thanks for clarifying here too I forgot about that.