Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
The relevance of Extended rounds on RP
I'm also on the side of regular RP rounds moslty feeling extended anyway.

RP has less antags density to begn with and because of the nature of RP its not rare for them to build up for a gimmick, struggle with escalation, or simply being new and unsure how to antag. And generaly RP antags tend to be less murder happy.

So as a result if you aren't part of security or being specificaly targeted by an antagonist, you rarely see them at all.

I'm still fine with the admins using extended mode when needed, but I don't think we need it as part of the regular game modes.
(03-21-2024, 03:29 AM)Decarcassor Wrote: So as a result if you aren't part of security or being specificaly targeted by an antagonist, you rarely see them at all.

Interestingly, exactly this made me make a forum thread asking for more antags on RP. At the time, people told me it's fine. I am still convinved it's not.
(03-22-2024, 06:45 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 03:29 AM)Decarcassor Wrote: So as a result if you aren't part of security or being specificaly targeted by an antagonist, you rarely see them at all.

Interestingly, exactly this made me make a forum thread asking for more antags on RP. At the time, people told me it's fine. I am still convinved it's not.

It's definitely a problem on the RP servers, but I don't think increasing antag density is the solution. Antags just need more encouragement to go loud instead of silently killing or focusing on a single target with a long escalation time. More antags would just result in more people going on a quiet rampage, others taking the spotlight of the shift, general confusion within the crew and security being overwhelmed with the 4 antagonists.
In my opinion, RP needs mid round antag spawns that isn't just sleepers.
So when an antagonist messes up.. the chaos doesnt end there.