Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove Wraith Summons Talking, Give them a Thrallspeak
Kinda self explanatory by title, but I've noticed, particularly on rp, that alot of wraith summons won't work for the wraith at all. a lot just wanna rp as funny little rat/skeleton/dog guys.

I further thing that wraith summons should REALLY have a mindhack clause on summon. I've directly seen them attacking or working against their masters before.

I feel giving them a Thrallspeak channel would also assist in letting them work together and create plans and carry out more complex objectives.
(01-27-2024, 06:06 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: Kinda self explanatory by title, but I've noticed, particularly on rp, that alot of wraith summons won't work for the wraith at all. a lot just wanna rp as funny little rat/skeleton/dog guys.

I further thing that wraith summons should REALLY have a mindhack clause on summon. I've directly seen them attacking or working against their masters before.

I feel giving them a Thrallspeak channel would also assist in letting them work together and create plans and carry out more complex objectives.

They should communicate with the wraith in a way regardless.
But working against their master is NOT OKAY. That's Ahelpable.
If they are being passive however... that is not against the rules, but it would be useful for the wraith to tell em: "Don't do that."
Honestly, I'm seeing Thrallspeak not as a way to prevent people from being friendlies, but instead a way for wraiths to really make things interesting. Directly commanding them is way more interesting vs just hoping they do what you want.

Imagine coordinated summon attacks on departments! Imagine RTS strategies but with real people! Imagine demanding that your summons raid the kitchen because they haven't met your pie demands! You could have so much more fun with summons other than 'time to kill'
yeah..that was my main goal. Its difficult for summons and wraiths to communicate. Putting them on thrall speak I feel would allow for more cohesion and use. As for the thing about passive summons, I do feel this is a HUGE thing....wraiths power is largely derived from their minions. Taking away minions, which cost more every one and have large cooldowns and all that for people who just wanna be a cute doggo or rat or something feels so counterproductive to the ideaology of the antag that it feels like its intentional sabatogue. Imagine summoning ling hands and they just....go into the kitchen and start baking cookies. I'd be livid.
Yeah, I think this would be a very good change. While I haven't encountered it I imagine for some it hurts to get what's perceived as the rarest antag type then to have your summons do nothing and die. Mindhack clause and thrallspeak sounds like the ideal fix for this.
not much else to add. this is a Good Change.