Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
An rp server that has all classic content enabled
Question 
Would this be possible? As someone who played a shit ton of ss14 before moving onto ss13, I can say that while stuff like revs and nukies can sometimes make players too preoccupied with gameplay to do roleplay, they also create very unique roleplay opportunities that aren't really possible with the rp servers' content limitations. So I was thinking maybe a new, seperate rp server could be created with all the classic content that players could play in if they wished to do so. queen greater domestic space-bee
I can't deny it sounds fun, I just don't know if it's worth an entire other server. It would be an interesting experience but those antags are removed because they just inherently don't facilitate RP and are meant to be big station vs antag chaos clashes. They *can*, but nukeRP rounds and admin spawn antags work because everyone knows it is a big event and treats it as such (Plus I think I recall it being said that even on RP, nukies do not have to escalate, please don't quote me on that tho). If it was available to everyone regularly, I think RP opportunities would devolve fairly fast. Plus, splitting up the RP servers into 3 different areas just seems spreading like RP players a bit too thin just for the ability for boomboom boys.
would not work
I don't mind some of the classic antags... some been implemented well.
Others like blob and flock and nukies have a high focus.. and if other antags are around.. it means they get overshadowed.

For a lot of the classic antags to be RP ready... they need to be more roleplayable.

For example: Blobs need to be able to communicate and a fun way to spawn.
Flock can still work since most can communicate as a drones.
Nukies are the hardest exception.. since if the nuke goes off or is destroyed.. the round ends.
I think most antags save for nukies would work in RP. And nukies only because they end the round and thus need admin support.

People always talk about "you can't RP with a blob". This is correct. But this does not mean RP does not happen AROUND a blob. I had great blob rounds on RP where you fight blobs and talk while all that shit goes down.

Make them sufficientky rare (like wraith) and i would say there is not much that would prevent them from being there. An absolutely fucked emergency situation is fresh every like 20 rounds. Kinda like disaster rounds.
I dunno..

In my experience blob rounds are often like kudzu. People stand around clicking the floor.
(01-23-2024, 12:59 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: I dunno..

In my experience blob rounds are often like kudzu.  People stand around clicking the floor.

With the blob.. we can whitelist it, since blobs are player controlled. Ergo... the blob player controls the spread and can be "reasoned with"
Maybe some fun interactivity with Science and Ranchers studying and maintaining the blob when the blob is winning.

The problem with the blob and flock is that they have a "win condition" and when they "win" , the round basically ends.
But if they "LOSE" , the round goes on.

Eitherway... blob and flock can be player controlled and stop the spread by command. Unlike Kudzu wich is AI controlled till a player becomes a kudzu person and controls the spread.. wich is hard to do since an evil player can always release the spread/
Pitching in my two cents:

The experiment with putting werewolf on RP was a pretty spectacular failure. Most of the time, RP werewolf played out in one of two ways: either they would rampage immediately and get dealt with very quickly, or the crew would not take them seriously and throw a riot if security ever tried to "hurt the puppy".

Most of the classic-exclusive antagonists are similar to werewolves in the sense that they are not very flexible and lend themselves almost exclusively to violent confrontation. I am worried that similar problems would occur if they were introduced into an RP environment.

Many people already roleplay on Classic. A new server that is "roleplay with classic antagonists" will likely poach even more players from Classic, and would need to justify its existence over making efforts to revitalize Hiesenbee.