Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Adds a microbomb cloning module as a 6 tc traitor roboticist item
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
Adds a new 6 tc traitor item for roboticists, the microbomb cloning module.
[Image: 497902a5-eafe-49c9-aa9f-88544fd05f43]

The module can be removed with a screwdriver.

When installed on a cloner this will replace the supply of cloner implants with a special brand of microbomb. The module can dispense up to 25 micros.

These microbombs
- have 1/2 the power of a regular micro
- always drop the brain of target upon explosion (allows for traitor roboticists to create a lot of borgs and also prevents permadeath if a nerd decided to install the module then delete every record.)
- will always detonate regardless of suicide
- break upon surgical removal
- wont appear on medical scans

In addition cloner microbombs report health values to the cloning console like a regular implant but after 10 minutes or so the reported health values start to become extremely weird and might tip off players to the module's existence.

Why's this needed?
Traitor roboticists only have 2 unique items. Another item would provide more choice to roboticists while also tying into the gimmick of borg army.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)UnfunnyPerson
(*)Added a new 6 tc traitor item for roboticists, the Microbomb Cloning Module.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
This is hilarious, I love it
I like the concept.. but execution...
I need more info.

A: Do users of the cloning console notice the microbomb module installed?
B: Will the implant come up in scans?
C: Can the module be removed?
(01-21-2024, 11:16 AM)Kotlol Wrote: I like the concept.. but execution...
I need more info.

A: Do users of the cloning console notice the microbomb module installed?
B: Will the implant come up in scans?
C: Can the module be removed?

A. There's nothing that gives it away at a glance, after roughly 10 minutes when someone has an implant their cloning record starts to report strange values so users might be able to tell at that point
B. Health scanners don't show an implant
C. Screwdriver will remove it
Do medhuds show you as having an cloning implant?

if not it is very obious
(01-21-2024, 11:34 AM)unfunnyperson Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 11:16 AM)Kotlol Wrote: SNIP

A. There's nothing that gives it away at a glance, after roughly 10 minutes when someone has an implant their cloning record starts to report strange values so users might be able to tell at that point

A: So it implants when you get scanned?
B: Then this is a bust. It needs to show an implant since you are implanted after being scanned.
If it doesn't show up as "Clone implant" ... it will be counter meta'd this way.
C: So you gotta open the console and remove it?
(01-21-2024, 11:55 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 11:34 AM)unfunnyperson Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 11:16 AM)Kotlol Wrote: SNIP

A: So it implants when you get scanned?
B: Then this is a bust. It needs to show an implant since you are implanted after being scanned.
If it doesn't show up as "Clone implant" ... it will be counter meta'd this way.
C: So you gotta open the console and remove it?

A. Yes
B. In my opinion this isn't a bad thing. Lacking an implant after a scan is a subtle way of telling players about the micros. I don't want the implants to be entirely undetectable. 
C. All the other cloning modules work like this, I made it the same removal method for consistency

(01-21-2024, 11:42 AM)valtsu0 Wrote: Do medhuds show you as having an cloning implant?

if not it is very obious

good catch, medhuds don't give away implants now
Alright if that's the way to detect this "Stealth bomber approach"
I am 100% for it... but at the same time.. the module can be too easily installed.

Unless that has been changed that you gotta open the pc and then click the module in.
Kinda need a "catch em in the act" moment.
(01-22-2024, 04:14 AM)Kotlol Wrote: I am 100% for it... but at the same time.. the module can be too easily installed.

It's a 6 tc item. In contrast you could get a c-saber for 7tc or a powersink for 5tc and get much more bang for your buck. It even does not kill anyone on It's own to trigger itself or does round remove people (because the cloning record still works).

But the potential to be devestating is there, if you work into it. I think its a bit low on the powerlevel, but because of the potential it is alright.
Don't see the problems with installation/stealth, it feels inline with similar items to me
"In addition cloner microbombs report health values to the cloning console like a regular implant but after 10 minutes or so the reported health values start to become extremely weird and might tip off players to the module's existence." tbh this mayy be unneeded as explosions arent exactly subtle, but also people dont radio stuff so meh