Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add Lanyards to the HOP's ID fabricator/other method
Lanyards have a dorky aesthetic and it's a shame the only way they come into existence is from tourists. I don't think it would be much to ask to add them to the HOP's fabricator. My other idea would be a medal that lets you obtain one.
If it's just the look of a lanyard and doesn't come with the storage of a lanyard, I don't see why not. Otherwise it'll end up as free storage that the HoP is begged and badgered for.
Sounds like a good fit for the sci vendors-- limited quantity and accessibility.
(01-19-2024, 08:04 PM)Dhaidburt Wrote: If it's just the look of a lanyard and doesn't come with the storage of a lanyard, I don't see why not. Otherwise it'll end up as free storage that the HoP is begged and badgered for.

Just make sure to mention the discrepancy in the inspect text
The lanyard are 3 additional storage slots, which is quite strong and worth killing a tourist over. Not sure why we need to add this type of debris loot to the station.

And items that look like others but with differe t effects are always kinda nad to work with..they would need different sprutes.
(01-19-2024, 11:22 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: The lanyard are 3 additional storage slots, which is quite strong and worth killing a tourist over. Not sure why we need to add this type of debris loot to the station.

And items that look like others but with differe t effects are always kinda nad to work with..they would need different sprutes.

Maybe make it only on hackable fabs with expensive mats, like the unlimited implant access.
Lanyards' extra storage slots are great, but not being able to fit your PDA in it means it effectively only grants 1 more storage slot than normal... And it's of the smallest size, too, can't fit most items. I don't see a problem with adding it to the station as-is, especially in limited quantites like in the job vendors.

Not sure what it's like on classic, but there's usually still tool belts around at the end of the round on RP, and those are way stronger storage items. Not to mention that boxes like your oxy box already also beat lanyards, and can be found in great quantities in the backpacks in the personal lockers. At only one net slot gain that allows only the smallest of items, lanyards are weak as hell, and make your PDA slightly less accessible.