Wyatt Silvers's HoS Application
Usual character name: Wyatt Silvers
BYOND username: dahnoob99
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Wyatt silvers [TheFrenchie] 
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: 3

Reason for application:  
I wish to help Guide the New members of security, Help guide them to the right path. So i wish to become the Guiding figure that Shows new players what to do, and help them become a great security officer. So then they too can later become the next HoS and be a Symbol of Security for New players and old players alike, and help security improve with more freindly faces.

Security experience (300 word minimum): If i'm Putting it Bluntly Security is like a roller coaster of Stress and Joy, you have your high octane moments of having a Firefight with a bad guy, or having a pod fight in space where both of your pods start on fire… or you have your more laid back moments playing SOLO with the rest of the security team waiting for a Case to pop up or Playing 20 Questions to pass the time. You also have your moments where a team member dies and everyone is in mourning [Because the cloner broke], or where you finally caught the bomber terrorizing the station and feel happy knowing everyone is now safe from this threat! But Security isn't just Catching the bad guy, it’s Being a symbol of Peace and well Security for all of the crew. Being that symbol can range from helping out the janitors, or hosting self defense classes to better help the crew in stressful situations and confrontations. Now most people think Security is just “shoot the bad guy and punish them” but as I have learned over my time playing it's more about talking than anything. When you talk to the antag you open a sideroad from just fighting that could lead to fighting again, or it could lead to Deescalating the action and maybe just maybe getting the antag to come in quietly. What i'm really trying to say the Security experience can be a mixed bag, you can have a security team who wants to get the job done and go home while having antags who just want to see what their toys do, you could have a laid back team with antags going hog wild, or you could have somewhere in the middle. The security experience is about expecting the unexpected and trying to solve problems without knowing all of the details, motives, or tools used. Security is solving a puzzle to find the action or after the action figuring out Why they did it. The Security experience can't really be explained, but it can be felt once you join your first shift.

Answer two or more of the following:
What advice would you give to other sec players?

It doesn't matter if you are robust or not, the main thing you need to do is listen and talk to the Antags because you get the chance to roleplay with them or even deescalate the situation.

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)

My favorite Moment from security is when we were dealing with aggressive salvengers so we had to defend the security podbay. Later I built many miniputs to Counter them thus creating the Security fleet.

What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?

A Change that I think would benefit Security as a whole is the implementation of a “Respond” button to Crisis/PDA alerts. It would help people know who is going and make response time quicker  

Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.

My play style when there is a full security team is more stationary, mainly running the desk, talking to the crew, running secmate, while when i'm alone i roam more around the station and See who needs help and try to respond to as many things as possible.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

Security is Red
The Syndicate is Red Too
The Crimers run when they see my pod Flash Red and Blue

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?

A security gimmick i wanted to run is a Security Diner where the crew could come in and eat and drink but while also we are doing our job kind of like one of those gimmick restaurants  

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Self-Antagging, Self-Antagging and Breaking Language rules, Making an Insensitive Joke, Mass Bombing Without Escalation.
Hearing that you have previous bans came as a surprise to me - You're a good player and I wouldnt've ever thought that. So I definitely believe that you can take my concerns and improve from them. Said concerns is while you are a joy to see in round and fun to play with but I don't think I've seen you teach or lead? I'll change my tune once I see that. It's just not something I've seen from you although admittedly I don't run into you playing Security often. Might be something with your schedule meaning you can't commit to a round when I can as I see you observing quite a lot. You are definitely knowledgeable and a brilliant Secoff player though. I just need to see a little more before I can fully give a +1 or w/e.
Likewise, hearing there have been bans is a surprise to me, I've had nothing but positive interactions with Wyatt. While it has been a while since I've seen you play SecOff, I do know that you are reliable and communicative, and it was always nice to have shifts alongside you. I've seen you lead by example and carry yourself well when around new players, and do believe that you have what it takes to earn a beret. Whatever bans may have been handed out in the past, from my own personal experience they hold little weight.
You are a capable, honest, and generally patient security presence.

I think you should try raising your voice more. And spending more time either guiding or assisting. I think the only thing you need is a some more work on the facilotation side and you would be a great HoS.
Wyatt is another person whom I thought was already a HoS. Generally a very good security officer, and I think you would serve very well in the HoS position.
As Silent mentioned, I believe you to be more on the quiet side sometimes, and while not an issue by itself, I would enjoy seeing you take charge more frequently. I have seen you leading the team a few times in the past, and I was surprised at how good you were at it when you did.

Your teaching skills, though rarely showcased, are also exemplary. This is a +1 (Since I believe if given the boots, you would grow into them) but I still encourage you to assume leadership and mediating roles more frequently in the team (Especially delegation and sentences).
Wonderful secoff player, though I would love to personally see you show off some leadership skills through whatever means you can before I feel confident giving a +1. I highly recommend playing captain or taking the occasional chance to use what you know to help organize teams over radio or in person as a secoff. The latter can range from just making sure everyone stays informed as to what's going on over radio or helping keep things moving when people start getting confused or lost in the chaos of a round. Whatever you end up doing, best wishes, I think you got this.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to concerns with past rule-breaking behavior; however, we do appreciate that some time has passed, and your more recent behavior has been generally much better. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be April 10, 2024. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!