Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Chef's Dispenser, & interdepartmental collaboration
i dont think food sauces are interesting enough a gimmick to justify being 'interdepartmental flavor' to be honest.

everything around food reagents is the primo definition of 'high effort, low impact'. get botany to waste their super-drug juice on making green water so i can order green juice with a different name to drink.

this is the hill i'd die on tbh. still havent been served an appletini yet.

cooler idea: make the cocktails with interesting effects require glitter to activate (like cocktail glitter), give botany a glitter plant, then give the bartender every fruit juice.
I am going to resuggest my "Farmer's market" idea.

Where you can "BUY" ingridents with your own money, but also sell food for profit.
Now the chef can cook all the food they want!
Discussion seems to have died down-- I'm reopening #17642
the happy chef is pretty good to have and is just all around fun to use to cook stuff. i think the amount of fun to be had customizing your dishes with icing and other stuff vastly outstrips the potential fun of asking someone to go do a chore for you
This'll be my shortest reply I think I've ever made on the forums.

I just want to be able to customize my cakes and donuts with cool-colored frostings, I don't think we need to turn that into an interdepartmental affair. I don't want my plans for x- or y-themed cakes/donuts to go out the window because botany couldn't be bothered/wasn't able to grow strawberries for strawberry milk. There are plenty of other reasons for the bar/kitchen to work with botany, making reagents doesn't need to be one of them. All for this change.
(01-25-2024, 09:03 PM)Solenoid Wrote: This'll be my shortest reply I think I've ever made on the forums.

I just want to be able to customize my cakes and donuts with cool-colored frostings, I don't think we need to turn that into an interdepartmental affair. I don't want my plans for x- or y-themed cakes/donuts to go out the window because botany couldn't be bothered/wasn't able to grow strawberries for strawberry milk. There are plenty of other reasons for the bar/kitchen to work with botany, making reagents doesn't need to be one of them. All for this change.

Some kitchens have strawberry milk dispesners. Others don't.

But I get ya.
(01-26-2024, 04:06 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(01-25-2024, 09:03 PM)Solenoid Wrote: snip

Some kitchens have strawberry milk dispesners. Others don't.

But I get ya.
This is the entire point of the forum post and is what the linked PR addresses