Complaint I don't appreciate the way I was banned from the discord server
DISCORD USERNAME: 969960689982660609 / hoover0623

Do you guys also handle stuff on the discord server? Because I don't appreciate the way I was banned from it. Please hear me out.

It started when I started talking in the rp discussion channel about how the admins got mad at me for throwing chicken grenades in security, since it didn't have any buildup. It was bothering me for a while, so I decided to just talk about it to try and understand what exactly I did wrong. I may have been frustrated and I might've interrupted some people's conversation, but I don't think I crossed any lines. I didn't insult anyone, and people were responding to me, so it's not like no one was interested. 

At one point, someone told me to talk to the admins  on the forums. I said no, and I brought up one of the times where I said "bitches" in a game, which pissed off an admin. They said that it was against the rules, and then I basically started asking why, since plenty of people use that word. That was around the point where I got banned from the channel and got put into another channel with a mod.

I don't think the mod gave me a fair chance. They made it clear that they were sick of talking to people who "complained about the rules". They acted dismissive of what I had to say, and said that it shouldn't have talked about the rules on the rp server. I told them that I was just trying to understand the rules, and then they said that I was basically sea lioning, even though I had actual questions. I got annoyed and asked them if I was supposed to just shut up and keep everything to myself, and they said yes. A few messages later, they told me to accept the rules. I told them that it was bad that they were getting so sick of talking to people like me, and then I got banned.

I just don't like having to blindly follow rules like that. I would rather try to understand them, and why they're in place. Even if you guys are dead set on never changing them, I still think I have the right to talk about them.
(01-12-2024, 10:11 AM)Bananabits111 Wrote: I just don't like having to blindly follow rules like that.

That's kind of the case here. Your options are:
  • Follow the rules, and you can play on the server (and discord)
  • Don't follow the rules, and you won't play on the server (and discord)
(01-12-2024, 10:26 AM)ZeWaka Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 10:11 AM)Bananabits111 Wrote: I just don't like having to blindly follow rules like that.

That's kind of the case here. Your options are:
  • Follow the rules, and you can play on the server (and discord)
  • Don't follow the rules, and you won't play on the server (and discord)

Is wrong for me to try and understand the rules better?
all of the complaining about not being able to say the word "bitch" and espousing how you'd "definitely get banned" if you told us what you thought about all of the rules and complaining about getting arrested by security while being an antag and saying how you would never ahelp what had happened (apparently them not escalating well enough!) because you "aren't a snitch" didn't really look like trying to understand the rules better to me

but what do i know
(01-12-2024, 10:48 AM)CaptainBravo Wrote: all of the complaining about not being able to say the word "bitch" and espousing how you'd "definitely get banned" if you told us what you thought about all of the rules and complaining about getting arrested by security while being an antag and saying how you would never ahelp what had happened (apparently them not escalating well enough!) because you "aren't a snitch" didn't really look like trying to understand the rules better to me

but what do i know

Everyone understands things in different ways. Beside, a lot of people don't even rp in the game. They just stay quiet, do their jobs, and leave on the shuttle. And I think that's fine. They don't deserved to get ahelped for that.

The only other alternative is for them to go on classic, where most of the shifts end in less than an hour and alf the station ends up ruined because nobody ever bothers doing anything about it

*half

And was that all you took away from that? The things you listed were only a part of what I said
Hi. Sorry if this counts as peanut posting but I was there for a decent chunk of the conversation so I think I'll just add somethings I noticed that I didn't see mentioned:

People attempted to explain the reasoning behind the ruling of not saying what you did, a few times if I'm remembering correctly. Your response was a pretty dismissive 'other words have horrible usage/history' or something along those lines, this doesn't exactly read like wanting to learn the rules.

The discussion went on for quite a bit longer than this post makes it seem like, both the escalation and language went on for quite some time about why you should generally avoid that and how maybe Classic may be more your style. People already tried at quite some length to try to help you out (Someone was writing out what must've been at least a few paragraphs of genuinely helpful advice and that was just one person). It didn't seem like anything was going anywhere and I imagine that was a contributing factor to why you got banned - you didn't seem to have much interest in learning beyond talking about how you felt that the rules weren't right or something from my perspective.
(01-12-2024, 04:32 PM)444explorer Wrote: Hi. Sorry if this counts as peanut posting but I was there for a decent chunk of the conversation so I think I'll just add somethings I noticed that I didn't see mentioned:

People attempted to explain the reasoning behind the ruling of not saying what you did, a few times if I'm remembering correctly. Your response was a pretty dismissive 'other words have horrible usage/history' or something along those lines, this doesn't exactly read like wanting to learn the rules.

The discussion went on for quite a bit longer than this post makes it seem like, both the escalation and language went on for quite some time about why you should generally avoid that and how maybe Classic may be more your style. People already tried at quite some length to try to help you out (Someone was writing out what must've been at least a few paragraphs of genuinely helpful advice and that was just one person). It didn't seem like anything was going anywhere and I imagine that was a contributing factor to why you got banned - you didn't seem to have much interest in learning beyond talking about how you felt that the rules weren't right or something from my perspective.

It was hard to have a proper conversation when so many people were talking to me at the same time. And it's not like I didn't learn anything. It was just taking a while. That's just how I am sometimes. It takes some time for me to understand a viewpoint I'm not on board with. But now I can't even read what anyone said.

Also, it wasn't really about learning the rules. It was more about trying to understand them, and why they're in place
I also should've mentioned that it actually helped a bit. I feel like a have a better understanding of why the admins got mad at me for raptoring security, and how rp in the server is meant to work.