Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Manifest app for Security
As of right now the only way a Secoff/Secass can figure out what someone's job is is to login to secmate and view their file specifically (the PDA app does not include job title). Doesn't really make sense for that information to be so tedious to get access to, unless you're worried about the very specific case of a tresspasser trying to play off that they're supposed to be where they are and getting caught out by a simple lookup.

I know I said "manifest app" in the title, but this is probably handled better by just changing the sec records to show listed job title alongside the name... Or at least have the PDA app show job title. Doing this would let security compile a list of names to question ("there's silicone fibers on this door? Let's question the janitors") without having to walk back to HQ to put in like 50 clicks to find out who the janitors are.
Forensic scanners display the job title when you search a record through them, but do I agree that it's too hidden / tideous.

Ideally the PDA version of records shold just have the job field in the list.

About the last part, you can search the secmate by job already and it will pop a list of names for you, so you don't need to check every record for their job.
(01-08-2024, 08:48 AM)Chatauscours Wrote: About the last part, you can search the secmate by job already and it will pop a list of names for you, so you don't need to check every record for their job.
Oh! Thanks, forgot that search was for more than just name.
The tediousness is a feature not a bug. But I see the reason for the complaint. But I do like some functionality being locked behind the terminal of computers.
I think it is not a good idea to give security the ability to suss out people without manifest entry (e.g. agent ID or gene scrambler users) right from the moment they see a person. I agree that it should be a bit of tedium.
Yeah there is no reason to make sec into super cops being able to sus out all details quickly.
Remember security is suppose to be more like mall cops by design and not actual cops or military police.
(01-08-2024, 09:11 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: The tediousness is a feature not a bug. But I see the reason for the complaint. But I do like some functionality being locked behind the terminal of computers.

In my opinion.. SECMate is the ABSOLUTE WORST way of going through security records.

It's slower.. it's clunkier.. and the alternatives are...
"Security records in the Detective's office"

Wich is more interactive and less clunky. Like wow.. it's so good.

And here's the worst part...The DetNet glasses? They allow a user to do it remotely.
And also FASTER then a SecMate users who's stuck at a console.

So in my opinion...as a detective main. Swap SecMate with security records.
Security records is way faster and it makes more sense for a "Sec Assistant" doing office work to have the faster option then the detective.
Not only will this nerf the detective's DetNets (wich needed this), but also make being an adminstrative worker much better.
Most maps have an ID computer in at least one of the security checkpoints, which can produce a print copy of the manifest. Not the most intuitive thing in the world, but it's what I use. Being unable to tamper with it after the fact is a huge plus.
The reason the detective has a much better way to look up records is because looking up and finding stuff out is the detectives job.
Almost all maps has ID computer accessible to sec already and it can print the manifest. I don't think sec need a second manifest on their app when they can just access room with ID computer in it and just print the paper early. It would be nice too if people use the checkpoint ID computer to check manifest or peont it early, rather than it sitting in there never used except for spief easy target steal.
we always have access to ID computers you can print the manifest from too.
I have to agree that finding out someone's job, or easy access to a way to link details together, is one of the main reasons I find myself booting up computers, both in medical and security. I really like the moments when a call comes in in Security over the radio for someone to check the records for something, and the little rattattat of the keyboard as you look it up. I definitely feel that the fact the PDA can do some basics for you, while having the computer still a significantly more convenient way of accessing all kinds of data, makes the game more fun for me.

Also, I'd have to disagree somewhat on SecMate being the worst way to find something. In almost every situation, whenever I want something, the search function works absolutely marvelously. I search a first name, last name, job title, fingerprints, all gives me the right person. If anything, the only complaint I have is that 'back' from a searched record is the manifest list, and not the search option or the option that lets you hit 'search' - but that's a different matter, I think.