Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make Chargers Activate Artcell Effects
Please allow artcells to activate their effects inside of rechargers, cell chargers, and cyborg docks. It would be extremely convenient to test what artcells can do (spark, leak, gas, make noise) without having to break into an APC or chase a borg around the station.

Alternatively, allowing artcells to do their thing anywhere once they're activated would also be really funny. (ex. Planting artcells that make blob noises and leak fliptonium into a random disposal chute would be a prime way to mess with people.)
I think that should be an ART SCIENCE thing to test ART CELLS.

They just need something like that to help test them... maybe atleast rechargers to test side effects.
So.. TIL there's only 2 stations that have cyborg docks inside/incredibly close to science. Donut 2 (being its own sub-station and all) and nadir with the participation trophy. (Ok maybe oshan too but that's the AI chamber!)

I'm down for this, more cyborg docks, or be able to remove batteries from docked guardbuddies. It's inside science anyways, right?
I threw in cyborg docks because why not, this is mostly for the chargers that are always in sci that could use this feature.

EDIT: It's probably less work if we make an existing object do this versus making a new one, Kotlol.
(12-31-2023, 12:56 PM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: I threw in cyborg docks because why not, this is mostly for the chargers that are always in sci that could use this feature.

EDIT: It's probably less work if we make an existing object do this versus making a new one, Kotlol.

Yes but then I want those items to be in science XD.

Aka battery charger, cyborg charger and such.
Infact why not make a battery device that's basically just a "Flash light" that needs energy cells for testing? That shouldn't be hard to add.
WE CALL IT: THE SCIENCE LAMP!
There's battery chargers in... At least some science places. Don2 and I'm pretty sure Konda both have them, in the guardbuddy section.
The charger or the science lamp sound like neat ideas to me. That being said, as a tip for the current game - you can remove a SICC-brain from an on-but-dormant cyborg without it falling apart, then access the power cell as usual (make sure to remind your roboticist to unlock it). Next time you pass by robotics for your robo-arm, pick up a nugget for your power cells!