Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Silicon Character Customization Settings
As AI it is really annoying to have to set up your name, colour and status at the start of every match. AI can already change its designation at will via AI commands yet it must submit its name twice still and so I came up with this idea. Please point out if there's anything I missed that should be on here.[Image: Silicon-Suggestion.png]
It's not too much of an issue personally, takes maybe a couple of minutes, but it would be nice for the convenience nonetheless.

Also silicon name is already an option on the character menu
(01-05-2024, 11:16 PM)BadShot Wrote: It's not too much of an issue personally, takes maybe a couple of minutes, but it would be nice for the convenience nonetheless.

Also silicon name is already an option on the character menu
Its a nice QoL

I know it is but if this menu existed it would be moved here (also its called borg name, not silicon name despite applying to AIs).
Why not? If it saves time for you to get ready for your shift as an AI or Silicon. I see NO issues what so ever.
I like this, but I'm not sure about having module presets since ideally you'd want borgs to be picking their module based on what's needed rather than being locked in with 4 engiborgs and no doctors at the start of the shift.
Also pretty unnecessary to move it there, choosing it after spawn is fine IMO
Module presets seem meh rest seem good
(01-06-2024, 04:46 AM)LeahTheTech Wrote: I like this, but I'm not sure about having module presets since ideally you'd want borgs to be picking their module based on what's needed rather than being locked in with 4 engiborgs and no doctors at the start of the shift.

Yeah fair enough, maybe just sorting your tools for each module.
Honestly, I'm all for some more borg customisation on spawn, but most of these things dont bother me too much. Anyone playing Clown, Mime, Radio Show Host or anything similar gets a name popup too, and we have the little preset you can pre-write the name in.

And while I am a big screenhead fan and the ability to express that it brings, I do feel it's a little confusing to have the option there when it's only relevant if you do get a screenhead, especially seeing as you'd have to be taken apart anyway at which point everything else listed here just resets outright. Not to mention I think (?) based on my vague experiences as a roboticist that it's in fact a property of the screen head in question - as in, that specific screen head.

A module configuration option would probably be convenient, but I do agree with the notion of picking a module based on what's needed too - maybe it could be a little window that pops up when you hit the set module button once you load in?
(01-06-2024, 06:47 PM)Spyritdragon Wrote: And while I am a big screenhead fan and the ability to express that it brings, I do feel it's a little confusing to have the option there when it's only relevant if you do get a screenhead, especially seeing as you'd have to be taken apart anyway at which point everything else listed here just resets outright. Not to mention I think (?) based on my vague experiences as a roboticist that it's in fact a property of the screen head in question - as in, that specific screen head.

I think those options are for the AI
(01-07-2024, 07:53 AM)valtsu0 Wrote:
(01-06-2024, 06:47 PM)Spyritdragon Wrote: And while I am a big screenhead fan and the ability to express that it brings, I do feel it's a little confusing to have the option there when it's only relevant if you do get a screenhead, especially seeing as you'd have to be taken apart anyway at which point everything else listed here just resets outright. Not to mention I think (?) based on my vague experiences as a roboticist that it's in fact a property of the screen head in question - as in, that specific screen head.

I think those options are for the AI

Hence it says "AI Status", I didn't include borg part customization as that isn't a thing now anyway and is the roboticist's job. AI customization is more in depth than other human name-prompt roles as you keep your human customization, as someone who plays AI quite a bit it can take me almost 2 minutes to set name, colour, status and viewports(which I didn't leave in as its different on every map) and thats if the crew doesn't demand a door be opened.