Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borg medical practice
BlackPhoenix Wrote:You really do have no concept of fun, don't you?
I guess your fun is the one and only true fun and everyone not having your fun is having the wrong fun.
Kaet Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:You really do have no concept of fun, don't you?
I guess your fun is the one and only true fun and everyone not having your fun is having the wrong fun.
No, but following the exact wording of a law despite it killing somebody else and ending their round is stopping them from having any fun.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:No, but following the exact wording of a law despite it killing somebody else and ending their round is stopping them from having any fun.
There are other ways to help. Things has gone fine so far with borgs not being able to do surgery. Just help the wounded get a doctor or something.
I am not actively trying to make people die and I am more than willing to take the dead to genetics and force someone to get their dead body into the cloning machine should I fail to rescue someone.
There are just other ways of having fun, and taking laws literally has mixed effects on situations. Often hilarious effects.
Not always hilarious to the people giving the orders, but to other people it can be fun. And often the person giving the order could reword their order to make the literal borgs do what they want.
Not doing exactly what you want does not always end in unfun death.
Here is how I see this.

If a Borg is injecting someone with life saving chems, it is helping the human.

If a Borg is defibulating someone that needs it, it is helping the human.

If a Borg surgically removes bullets/chest popper, it is helping the human.

A Borg can do surgery as long as it helps the human. There is little to no difference from defibing someone and surgically helping a guy.
Also, in my opinion, if someone asks for elective surgery like robot legs, the robot can do that too. It all depends on what you define as "harm". It's not simply the infliction of any amount of pain, and doing something they want isn't harming, it's helping.
If surgical tools and the ability to perform surgery broke Law 1 100% of the time, then we'd remove them, because why the fuck would we have a module/function that is always available yet largely worthless if you're not rogue?

(shut up about construction/chemist/janitor borgs I hear you typing)

The MST3k rule applies here: "Just repeat to yourself, it's just a game, I should really just relax."
If a cyborg considers itself competent at doctoring, then it won't think of doctoring as harm. You can chop up any human that needs it or requests it without considering it to be harm.