Vinny... Or was it Binny?'s Head of Security Application.
Bug 
Usual character name: Vinny Picarelli/Ynniv Poopereli/Binny Bicarelli
BYOND username: Centauration
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Centaur
Recommended by (if applicable): None
Goon servers you play: Goon 1 Classic
 Morty gon get shot watch out     space goose
Reason for application: For more spice and to make rounds more balanced. A lot of rounds lack a head of security and sometimes even proper security which can create a huge difference in a round, it can be really un-fun and unfair when there's no proper security in a round and an antag just sweeps the entire station. For me it makes me feel  a lot better when there's a head of security around because I know its someone who I can really trust and rely on when the station goes to shit. I also feel like after playing security for a bit that I meet the standards of being a Head of Security and think the extra capabilities a Head of Security has would really allow me to enhance a round as security.
jons the catte Jones the cat
Security experience (300 word minimum): I originally wasn't really into security and never really played them. But as of recently I've really gotten into sec more and have been regularly playing as an officer and enjoying it. I learned many things through dealing with and playing as security which has taught me how to be a better, nicer player in all honesty. I feel like security is a job which requires a lot of playtime to really "get" and it can be hard to learn at times, even frustrating. But I feel like after all the time I've played that I have a good judgement as to what to do during situations. You know about an antagonist early in the round? Don't hunt and execute them just for existing. Your job is to keep a good balance between too much antag and too little antag, you need to find a nice middle-ground where they aren't dominating the round but they still are causing trouble. This is what makes rounds interesting after all. I feel like a lot of people avoid sec due to it's lower player-base and the inability to learn due to that and I would like to encourage more people to play the job as teamwork is what makes it really shine to me. Working together as a team to take down a baddie always sticks out to me more than just taking them down by myself. Another thing which I learned through playing as security is communication. You don't see it enough! Communicate with your team about EVERYTHING. No I'm serious, keeping your team in the dark results in a more un-fun experience and overall is just makes it harder for your team to work properly. Remember security is a team job, and if your not playing as a team then you can't really shine!

Jones the cat jons the catte
Answer two or more of the following:

What advice would you give to other sec players? Some advice I would give to other sec players is to first of all, take it easy. You aren't expected to be a super soldier who can take down every threat, your here to have fun and cooperate with your team, and attempt to take down the baddies of course! Some more advice I would give is to communicate with your team often, tell them if you see something, tell them before engaging in combat, radio everything in. It's not annoying to radio information in and people really appreciate not being in the dark. Last bit of advice I would like to give is to be a nice player, always remember you are one of the strongest forces on the station, use your power responsibly and treat antags fairly. Don't be too kind however, its a balancing act which requires time to learn.

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) One of my favorite security moments was during a spy thief round where I was one of the spiefs (Vinny) and a security officer caught and arrested me. I had a stealth storage in my left pocket disguised as a crowbar which had basically all of my contraband, the security officer took it out and put it back in my bag thinking it was a regular crowbar. He also left my agent card which was labeled some joke job that had all access. I proceeded to exit the brig and take all my stuff back from the contraband locker then I used my cloaker and went to medbay with a predator revolver loaded with AP ammo. I saw the security officer who arrested me and shot him until he died with the predator revolver while yelling "FUCK YOU". Really memorable moment that made me laugh.

What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? A game improvement or change that I think would benefit security is firstly making the PDA Alert's cooldown a little faster, it takes around a full minute or two to use again which can be troublesome if you need backup after your first alert. 

Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. When I play with a full security team I am usually a lot more relieved because I know I have a team of people to rely on and communicate with, this allows me to not only take it easy but also allows the security department to be more effective and fun for everyone. When I play as a solo-sec or lone officer I usually am more tense and aware of my surroundings as I am the only force on the station with the proper gear to actually stop antagonists and if I die I'm handing that gear to the baddies. I usually communicate thoroughly with the AI and captain. I also remember that taking the job too serious as a solo-sec is un-fun so I usually try to stay calm and tend to chat with crew and such until I hear reports of baddies running around. When I play solo-sec I am a little less lenient with antagonists due to the under-staffed department I am running which means I may take more gear from them than usual and may brig for longer duration's.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? A security gimmick that I would like to run is mime security, we would all wear mime outfits and wouldn't speak. Only using our PDA alerts to call for backup, and communicating with gestures like mimes do. I think that would be a really funny security gimmick in my opinion because security doesn't do enough gimmicks!

Draw a picture!

a slightly ill greater domestic space-bee a slightly ill greater domestic space-bee a slightly ill greater domestic space-bee
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I was day banned once on goon1 for attacking a guy after putting a blotter on me. Besides that I just got some minor warnings all from a while ago.
+1 I think you're pretty fun to play with and experienced as a security officer. Nothing specific to say, just that I think you're good all-around as a player and security officer from playing with you in game, summarized by your app, and have shown leadership qualities in games. I think you would be a good HoS.
Through all of the rounds I've seen him in, and through his application, Vinny demonstrates a great understanding of the nuances of the role of security, when it comes to balance, robustness, and fun. He'd make a great HoS. +1
I've seen Vinny in sec quite a lot frequently, and can say I recommend them for HoS based off what I've seen. I don't play much sec myself, but from the non-sec perspective they seem pretty solid in terms of knowing when to come down hard on an antag and when to be lenient. Also from my time listening in on sec radio with empowered meta neural antenna I know they are very communicative on sec comms

big +1 from me Sleeping bee
From what I've seen, Vinny has a great feel for keeping rounds flowing well, works well with and is communicative with the sec team, and is robust. Any antag round I've had where Vinny's been in sec has been super fun from my POV, so definitely +1 from me
Vinny is a great security member, consistently paired as AI with them they consistently give good orders (unlike other security officers who ask me to bolt down human traitors) and communicate well, I see them on their own in security far too often and even then they still engage well with antags, knowing how to keep the round entertaining for all. Always glad to see Vinny in security.
A robust spaceman. Very tough to robust him without use of explosive stuff. Fun to encounter, and to play with.
(01-03-2024, 04:45 PM)Centaur Wrote: Usual character name: Vinny Picarelli/Ynniv Poopereli/Binny Bicarelli
BYOND username: Centauration
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Centaur
Recommended by (if applicable): None
Goon servers you play: Goon 1 Classic
 Morty gon get shot watch out     space goose
Reason for application: For more spice and to make rounds more balanced. A lot of rounds lack a head of security and sometimes even proper security which can create a huge difference in a round, it can be really un-fun and unfair when there's no proper security in a round and an antag just sweeps the entire station. For me it makes me feel  a lot better when there's a head of security around because I know its someone who I can really trust and rely on when the station goes to shit. I also feel like after playing security for a bit that I meet the standards of being a Head of Security and think the extra capabilities a Head of Security has would really allow me to enhance a round as security.
jons the catte Jones the cat
Security experience (300 word minimum): I originally wasn't really into security and never really played them. But as of recently I've really gotten into sec more and have been regularly playing as an officer and enjoying it. I learned many things through dealing with and playing as security which has taught me how to be a better, nicer player in all honesty. I feel like security is a job which requires a lot of playtime to really "get" and it can be hard to learn at times, even frustrating. But I feel like after all the time I've played that I have a good judgement as to what to do during situations. You know about an antagonist early in the round? Don't hunt and execute them just for existing. Your job is to keep a good balance between too much antag and too little antag, you need to find a nice middle-ground where they aren't dominating the round but they still are causing trouble. This is what makes rounds interesting after all. I feel like a lot of people avoid sec due to it's lower player-base and the inability to learn due to that and I would like to encourage more people to play the job as teamwork is what makes it really shine to me. Working together as a team to take down a baddie always sticks out to me more than just taking them down by myself. Another thing which I learned through playing as security is communication. You don't see it enough! Communicate with your team about EVERYTHING. No I'm serious, keeping your team in the dark results in a more un-fun experience and overall is just makes it harder for your team to work properly. Remember security is a team job, and if your not playing as a team then you can't really shine!

Jones the cat jons the catte
Answer two or more of the following:

What advice would you give to other sec players? Some advice I would give to other sec players is to first of all, take it easy. You aren't expected to be a super soldier who can take down every threat, your here to have fun and cooperate with your team, and attempt to take down the baddies of course! Some more advice I would give is to communicate with your team often, tell them if you see something, tell them before engaging in combat, radio everything in. It's not annoying to radio information in and people really appreciate not being in the dark. Last bit of advice I would like to give is to be a nice player, always remember you are one of the strongest forces on the station, use your power responsibly and treat antags fairly. Don't be too kind however, its a balancing act which requires time to learn.

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) One of my favorite security moments was during a spy thief round where I was one of the spiefs (Vinny) and a security officer caught and arrested me. I had a stealth storage in my left pocket disguised as a crowbar which had basically all of my contraband, the security officer took it out and put it back in my bag thinking it was a regular crowbar. He also left my agent card which was labeled some joke job that had all access. I proceeded to exit the brig and take all my stuff back from the contraband locker then I used my cloaker and went to medbay with a predator revolver loaded with AP ammo. I saw the security officer who arrested me and shot him until he died with the predator revolver while yelling "FUCK YOU". Really memorable moment that made me laugh.

What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? A game improvement or change that I think would benefit security is firstly making the PDA Alert's cooldown a little faster, it takes around a full minute or two to use again which can be troublesome if you need backup after your first alert. 

Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. When I play with a full security team I am usually a lot more relieved because I know I have a team of people to rely on and communicate with, this allows me to not only take it easy but also allows the security department to be more effective and fun for everyone. When I play as a solo-sec or lone officer I usually am more tense and aware of my surroundings as I am the only force on the station with the proper gear to actually stop antagonists and if I die I'm handing that gear to the baddies. I usually communicate thoroughly with the AI and captain. I also remember that taking the job too serious as a solo-sec is un-fun so I usually try to stay calm and tend to chat with crew and such until I hear reports of baddies running around. When I play solo-sec I am a little less lenient with antagonists due to the under-staffed department I am running which means I may take more gear from them than usual and may brig for longer duration's.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? A security gimmick that I would like to run is mime security, we would all wear mime outfits and wouldn't speak. Only using our PDA alerts to call for backup, and communicating with gestures like mimes do. I think that would be a really funny security gimmick in my opinion because security doesn't do enough gimmicks!

Draw a picture!

a slightly ill greater domestic space-bee a slightly ill greater domestic space-bee a slightly ill greater domestic space-bee
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I was day banned once on goon1 for attacking a guy after putting a blotter on me. Besides that I just got some minor warnings all from a while ago.

from what I've seen of you playing security, I think that you are robust but fair/reasonable. you take the time to consider other players experience without being too lenient. I think you have mellowed out since there was some time where you were like, easily annoyed(?) by things but that may just be me. you a real one +1
From my experience Vinny has qualities of a HOS. They have a good grasp of the role and go above and beyond to fulfil their duties, taking initiative even while there is a HOS present showing confidence in leadership and generally collaborates with all of the team members each round. Very engaging, fair in their judgements and keeps good spirit up during the rounds I am in.

The only thing I haven't seen them is teach/educate new security players on the role, however I am confident that they'd be able to do that if the opportunity arises.

+1 from me
I've seen Binny as sec a lot as of late, decently robust, a good handle on when to be easy on antagonists for the sake of the round, and when not to be. I had the pleasure of witnessing him teaching a new secoff, and he was very knowledgeable, patient, and thorough with his lessons. Definitely a +1 from me.
Binnys been playing a lot more security, and they've probably been my favorite due to how they play, They always know what to do to keep the round fun and interesting for everyone, even the antagonist. Incredibly knowledgable and I've seen them teach a few people, and they communicate more then other secoffs leading to a less confused security team, which isn't ever fun.

Big +1 from me
I finally got to experience a full binny sec round and I have to say I like what I saw. Effective, good at communication, patient, and most importantly (imo) gives antags chances to do their stuff. +1
+1 from me

I've played several shifts with them as a security officer, while not super duper outstanding, they do their job overall pretty well, and i wouldn't mind them being HOS.
i actually thought vinny and binny were 2 different people.

anyway, vinbins main upside imo is that they prioritize fun over anything else. if someones doing something more funny than it is illegal, theyre usually cool with it, and they arent very harsh on antags at all
Good attitude in the discord, you don't lose your cool and seem pretty chill and fun to be around. I don't play much Classic (if at all) so I can't speak for your gameplay but you seem approachable and what security knowledge I've seen from you seems solid so far. If your ingame behavior is reflective of this then I'd say you'd be a welcome addition to the HoS roster