Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Provide Silicons the Ability to Take Items Out of a Box Via Crowbar
With Silicons constantly relying on a human to take any item out of a box, I am thinking that they should be able to pull anything out of a container by click-dragging the item out while slotting out a crowbar from their Omnitool; this action would have a progress bar that would take around 5 seconds to complete.  An addition of this feature would allow silicons to get the one item they need, without having to drag the entire container to another human, such as acquiring a piece of bacon from its box.  Perhaps this can also serve as a shift-click for pulling items exclusively.

I acknowledge a counter-point to this idea: in which the gameplay of silicons should revolve around handing certain tasks with human assistance, and limiting how much self-sustainability that silicons have would lead to dependence on a crew, causing more more interactions between humans and silicons.  I would provide my opinion that it can be somewhat tedious to search around the station for another human, or to call somebody to stop by your location for them to take out any item that one needs.

Implementing this ability to drag items out through a crowbar may mitigate the hassle of always needing another hand to get the object one needs, while it is still viable for a human to take or dump all the container's contents out to save time.
I want them to have to rely on humans at least a little bit, not really keen on this idea tbh
(12-30-2023, 08:21 AM)Terms-On-Dragon Wrote: I would provide my opinion that it can be somewhat tedious to search around the station for another human, or to call somebody to stop by your location for them to take out any item that one needs.
It's been like a 10-30 second task for me basically 100% of the time that the station isn't undergoing some kind of emergency that means I probably should be focusing on that rather than trying to find the correct swag to wear or whatever. I also think having big clunky robots come up to me and ask me to take out whatever from the box because of the limits of their metal form is a bonus. It also means I can store stuff that cyborgs can't get to, which is a feature.

Basically: broadly not a fan.
Same here. While tedious.. it's one of those tediums that make people go: "Now you don't really want to be borged since it's bad."

Let alone it prevents NT from replacing everyone with borgs.
How about instead of being able to take things out of containers how about letting them hit containers with crowbar to break the container and the objects inside are now on the ground with the container is destroyed?
Just have it take awhile to break it open so if someone doesn't want them to do that they can get over there and take the container away.
(12-30-2023, 05:53 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: How about instead of being able to take things out of containers how about letting them hit containers with crowbar to break the container and the objects inside are now on the ground with the container is destroyed?
Just have it take awhile to break it open so if someone doesn't want them to do that they can get over there and take the container away.

I don't think that would fit to borgs, as they are usually not very destructive. A borg hitting a backpack until it falls apart just wouldn't make sense imo. Also, because the inabilty to interact with containers is one of the few things that makes borgs actually rely on humans, it's probably better to just keep it as is.