Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrestling belt rebalance suggestion
Wrestling belt is currently the most powerful of the 7tc weapons probably, a tad too powerful if you ask me.

Part of the abilities work even when you are stunned, so it takes at least 3 people working together and stunning you permanently to remove it, since the removal time takes a good few seconds. Plus using the belt you can effectively knock a weapon out someone's hand with a single click, making it trivially easy to knock out a baton by just putting on the belt and clicking once. 

I'll not even talk about the times when the holder uses stims or some chemical mix that keeps them alive even after a lawb/signifier magdump.

It's essentially the equivalent to another antag (wrestler), with 5 bonus TCs in your pocket to buy yourself some goodies.
make it a suit and dress pants that gives you a meter you can fill that lets you do special abilities based on your environment, barehanded and disarm stuff from people to use it on them immediately

when the meter is high you're on glowy fire like the gene and can rip the suit off

disable being able to use stims when you have it on or something, or the stims prevent you from putting it on. doing well in fights just gives you more and more stun resist instead (hyper armor)

I mean I wouldn't mind making Wrestler it's completely own antag as it is but also add in some more loud bombastic things to it and then remove the belt from traitor PDAs.
Also Cals idea would be fun for a new antag as well.
Maybe make a whole new mode that can get randomly picked that only has melee fighter type antags and more of them chosen so then the station is basically a bunch of fighting types going at it.
Basically a mode that turns SS13 into a fighting game for a round.
I liked the suggestion that added crowd noises when doing moves, also an option to have a Yakuza style suit as an alternate for the belt would be neat
(12-28-2023, 08:19 PM)mralexs Wrote: I liked the suggestion that added crowd noises when doing moves, also an option to have a Yakuza style suit as an alternate for the belt would be neat

I really really liked this suggestion as well. could have the crowd boo at you when you aren't actively going to town on someone.
Personally i think wrestlers/wrestling belts should be unable to use weapons at all othet then folding chairs. That'd stop them from taking batons and fix most.of thr balance AND fit the themeing since who the fuck wants to see a wrestler with a gun
Maybe crowd opinion is something like a combo meter. Attacks raise the meter up, but performing the same action repeatedly makes the meter go stale, so you have to mix it up with different weapons and moves. Firing guns could have negative costs, causing the crowd to boo you as a heel.

Get silly with it and introduce a karma system where new abilities unlock depending on where you are on the heel face balance