Argent Ward's HoS Application
Usual character name: Argent Ward
BYOND username: Freakingdoomguy
Discord username (if you are on our discord): [b]freakingdoomguy[/b]
Recommended by (if applicable): 
Goon servers you play: 3

Reason for application: A head of security is can often be a force to drive the round in fun directions, I've always enjoyed playing security and want to help keep the rounds interesting and fun for others, antagonists included.

Security experience (300 word minimum): I've been playing security ever since I began playing SS13 over a year ago, Through it I found myself going from being a rookie with little confidence who was consistently terrified of doing the wrong thing at any time for any reason, To an officer who will go to hell and back to help his team. I have experience dealing with Various different situations regarding the Threats the station will see, as well as know when to ease off on antagonists to keep the RP going. In that time I believe I have become a face that people can trust to enact space law fairly. I have worked hard to be fair in my application of space law, and even though i have sometimes my doubts, I realize that everyone does. I strive to be an officer that people can have a friendly talk with, while still getting the job done. I Love working security because it is a Job that has it's quiet moments, I arguably prefer those, for me quiet moments are a chance to get to know the crew, put on a face that shows that officers are on their side. I believe I have become a face that people know well and can trust to ensure that they are in safe hands. That is what I want more than anything. Though I don't want to give the impression that I'm purely a one track mind for security, When the chips are down I strive to be tough but fair when dealing with antagonists, Knowing when to give them a little slack so they can actually do evil, but also when to throw down. Most importantly I know when to work with my team to get things done. I've learned that of all the tools in the armory a security officers most powerful resource without a doubt Is their team, and even the greater crew when times of strive affect the station. 

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? Try to put on a friendly face, and know when to be the butt of a joke. For the first one, Security officers tend to have a reputation for being aggressive as such it helps to be an officer that is one of them. You are here to protect the crew, Not to rule them. For my second bit of advice, Have fun, Knowing when to have a laugh is a vital to keep things lighthearted sometimes, Slip on a banana peel, Chase down the clown just to return a pie, just know when to be serious as well.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? This is a very recent story but one of my favorite interactions with a sec officer was when I was a changeling, I don't like to kill much so i played heavily on the role of the changeling to be a bit freaky. I'd cock my head and repeat what officers said back in their own voice, while they tried to figure out what I was and what was wrong with me, It was a genuinely hilarious and wholesome time, while I went around being a general nuisance.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.: Argent wakes up late/Stumbles into work, Red alert/ Damn there is another ling
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? Security the musical, Yes this again: Security officers sing their charges during an arrest and interrogation, treating it like a massive musical number, those that know instruments can provide instrumentals during tense moments. it is highly unlikely but would be hilarious I believe.
  • Draw a picture!
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I have never been banned, but have made mistakes warranting minor correction. Once as AI failing to notice a law change, to once accidentally forgetting to set a timer.
I've played with Argent on several occasions, and while they're a wonderful antagonist, they're also a reliable and somewhat levelheaded officer. Looking forward to seeing you in SEC again!
A billion times yes for ol' Wardy. Only seen good things from you as a secoff, honestly surprised you weren't HoS before now!
Fairly experienced and friendly, willing to engage with crew and grant leniency when needed. Only concern is whether they can keep the consistent augmentations from robotics at a balanced level for RP.
I like Argent, he's a very fair security officer and I think he would make a great HoS.
I've had a good many rounds with Argent, and there's a fair bit of fun RP to be had with the last names of our characters. I think Argent is a good officer who's great at communication. If there's one thing I'd like to see more, it's actually taking charge or being in a leader position. Argent's playstyle, from my experience has been very passive. I've not seen much teaching or leading an operation. Essentially, my only concern would be that the pressure of a HoS might get to them, which is difficult to predict.
Agree with Glamurio and rdcb here largely. You're a fun player and you've made dull conversations over radio pretty funny with dumb jokes and that which I think is nice since it keeps peoples attention on the radio which is good for obvious reasons etc. Once I see you get out into more of a leader position I'd give you a yes. Just be sure to keep in mind what you're doing and you'll be fine for HoS imo.
I just wanna see a TINY bit more leadership out of you. That's it. I'm sure with the position that could flourish. Keep working and you have my support.
I think you are a great roleplayer who easily brightens the mood of teams through consistently being enjoyable to be around though I would like to see a bit more experience doing the more delicate security officer work specifically those involving people skills as well as a bit more leadership being shown before I can give a +1.
My one recommendation aside from the general stuff is to make sure that you are not getting too drawn into rp with friends to the point where you completely ignore those nearby trying to get your attention, which I have seen happen occasionally.
Otherwise, best of wishes. With a little bit of effort, you got this.
Echoing what was already said, but doomguy is a great officer, witnessed him teach new players, just needs to lead the team more!
After review of community feedback and internal deliberation, we have accepted your application to become a HoS. Congrats! Please familiarize yourself with our HoS Guidelines and reach out anytime if you have any concerns or questions.