Feedback Cal, Main, 12/24/2023 11~ PM EST
Rainbow 
Title: Cal, goon 1 main, 12/24/2023 prior to 11:16.

Admin: Cal

Server: Main
Date + time: Prior to 11:16, 12/24/2023, EST.
Synopsis: Let's start from the beginning, and sorry for the text wall. I was messing around in a car, occasionally running people over, and a specific secoff starts chasing me down, trying to get me to drink, hitting my car with a toolbox. At some point, they hijack my car and run me over into a soda machine, which I immediately succumb for comedic effect. Now, this would've been fine, but they strip me in the middle of the hallway while I'm dead, so I ahelp this. I receive no response whatsoever for a while, until I run into an admin in-game, so I ask them about it and go on my way. I receive an admin message about how they would look into it, and I respond with "You'd better" in an attempt to convey my frustration about what the secoff did. There was a misunderstanding, and a different admin - Cal - believes that I was trying to give the admins attitude about being slow. This is completely understandable, but what I'm upset with is that Cal - or I believe it was Cal - chose to gib me and delete my brain before messaging me. I attempted to clear up the confusion at this point, though I do call them unprofessional, at which point they get mad at me for "hounding them after they were done with my ahelp", despite the fact that I (to my knowledge) did no such thing, as I didn't receive any messages that said it was dealt with.
Extra information: TL;DR I get round removed in response to a minor miscommunication, which I perceive to be an abuse of power. I just want them to have a better attitude about this, really.
You chose to suicide when someone hit you with a car and then immediately turn it into a sob story about you getting your gear stripped, your gear in this video game where a new one starts in an hour, you then chose to be super rude and hound an administrator in game about it, THEN after it was handled that same admin replied "looking into it" you replied "you'd better" "they were a secoff, by the way, so this is extra unacceptable". On Christmas eve.

THEN after being cloned you were being openly rude in-game to the security officer over them dying to a werewolf or being mauled by one or whatever, who YOU decided to succumb against, the security officer who's a brand new player we talked to by the way.

Admins aren't obligated to reply to people when they handle their ahelps, we do not do this as a job, there is no "unprofessional" and we don't have to take it on the chin when the very people we help are rude to us. I gibbed you because you were being a jerk to one of my fellow administrators. There is no "abuse of power" here. You got a forced explosive time-out for 10 minutes because you were being a jerk. I didn't even ban you, and I certainly didn't take the extra effort to delete your brain.

Merry Christmas, by the way.
i wanna make it clear that by the time you had walked up to me and started complaining about how your ahelp wasn't handled, i was actually more or less wrapping up the "tell the guy who did it to not do that any more" routine. you had no way of knowing this, but typically i worry more about dealing with the problem first than responding to the message. (it is actually rather typical for us to look into an issue and resolve it before responding "looking into it"; we're weird like that.)

even if i had not been doing that, it is entirely possible another admin could be handling the issue from discord while i was in game more-or-less idling and vaping weed.

and i mean, honestly, its fuckin christmas eve. i'm sorry you got griefed but like, go touch grass. go unwrap a present. go look up norad's santa's real-time assassination coordinate radar machine. it's a video game
(12-24-2023, 08:59 PM)Cal Wrote: You chose to suicide when someone hit you with a car and then immediately turn it into a sob story about you getting your gear stripped, your gear in this video game where a new one starts in an hour, you then chose to be super rude and hound an administrator in game about it, THEN after it was handled that same admin replied "looking into it" you replied "you'd better" "they were a secoff, by the way, so this is extra unacceptable". On Christmas eve.

THEN after being cloned you were being openly rude in-game to the security officer over them dying to a werewolf or being mauled by one or whatever, who YOU decided to succumb against, the security officer who's a brand new player we talked to by the way.

Admins aren't obligated to reply to people when they handle their ahelps, we do not do this as a job, there is no "unprofessional" and we don't have to take it on the chin when the very people we help are rude to us. I gibbed you because you were being a jerk to one of my fellow administrators. There is no "abuse of power" here. You got a forced explosive time-out for 10 minutes because you were being a jerk. I didn't even ban you, and I certainly didn't take the extra effort to delete your brain.

Merry Christmas, by the way.
This reply won't be very well structured as I've not no clue how to structure it and all of the buttons are invisible, sorry about that.

The story with the security officer wasn't meant to be a "sob story", it was meant to provide complete context for the admin feedback, I tried to write it from a neutral perspective but it is apparent that I didn't succeed at this. I didn't "hound the admin down in-game", I saw the admin by coincidence and decided to ask about it.
As I've said before, the "being super rude" was a miscommunication, what I was saying was meant to demonstrate how upset I was towards the security officer, though I'm not very good at social interaction.
As for being rude to the security officer, I had assumed that they had experience with the game on account of them choosing to play as a security officer.
I was assuming that, like many other servers, this server also held their admins to a degree of professionalism, though I can see now that I was wrong.
I've got no excuse for the followup message after "you'd better". I honestly forgot I said that one right after I sent it.
This is a genuine question, please don't take this the wrong way - did you contact the person that I was talking to before you made the decision to gib me on their behalf?
Since you said you have some issues with social interactions, I’m going to try and break down where you have fucked up in an attempt to help explain why you now have multiple staff members annoyed with you.

To start with, this entire situation was caused by you deciding to suicide yourself out of a round and refusing to accept the possible consequences of what happens after. You are by no means entitled to being revived or for anything to remain on your corpse, this is doubly true when the death is intentiwlly self-inflicted. Instead of accepting this as the cost of your bit, you sent in an ahelp and asked for an admin to fix things for you.

When you did not receive a response quickly enough, you decided to take it up with an admin in-game and escalate your issue further. This was your second fuckup. We make no guarantees anywhere that every single ahelp request will result in a Staff member personally speaking with you to resolve your issue. This is particularly true when the ahelp we receive is asinine enough it feels like a waste of our collective time.

Additionally, that you happen to know the in-game name of a particular admin does not entitle you to come up to them and demand assistance. Many of us actually like to playing SS13 as a game, just like any other player at times. Having random players come up, trying to circumvent the established process for requesting admin assistance, makes that impossible. This made people annoyed with you.

Then, following an argument with an admin which culminated in you apparently threatening them - you’re upset that you were ejected from the round? My guy, you’ve walked up to an admin and thrown a tantrum because they didn’t clean up the mess you made for yourself. That you were *only* ejected from the round was a genuine Christmas Miracle. I personally would have banned you for weeks over something like that.

Your repeated issue here has been your own refusal to accept the consequences of your own actions. You keep attempting to escalate to ever higher and higher authority to dig you out of your own hole.

This might be the eggnog talking but I’ll be genuinely candid with you here. There’s no one left to escalate to that is going to care. You did something dumb and when given the slightest slap on the wrist, you started to whine about professionalism. None of us care. You can continue to keep arguing in this thread but there’s nothing to be won here. Take your mildest of lumps and move on.