Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[CLOSED PR] Removes Pure Love's forced hugging
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
[Chemistry] [Removal]
Removes the code that forces people to hug emote when they have Pure Love in them.

Why's this needed?

Being forced to hug strangers is weird in a gross way. Getting hugged by strangers unprompted is weird in a gross way. Being able to force other people to hug each other is weird in a gross way.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I'm... not opposed to it, I guess? People pretty much pretend that forced emotes dont exist on RP because they kinda suck in general, but I also dont feel like this one in particular is any worse than any other.
really don't see it. Also Don't think it should be removed. Being forced to hug someone by a drug can be weird in an RP sense, but I can't really put together in my head how it could be "Gross" in an OOC sense, especially since it's just a line of text in the text box with no visual indication anything even happened. If someone finds a way to make it weird and gross, report them.
Yeah, my issues with it were just in an RP sense. Someone on discord suggested replacing it with a different forced emote, do you think that could work?
I can't really think of another appropriate emote that's more benign than hugging. You could uhh, wave awkwardly to express affection without physical contact?
The suggestion was just things like looking at peace and smiling, which... very similar to weed, yeah, part of why I didn't implement it in the PR
Calling hugs gross makes me sad.
I don't really like this, feels weird to turn something that another dev/contributor made as what I figure is a cute easteregg chem (the messages make it clear that this is not about Romantic Love and more about a platonic love and acceptance of the Self, at least to me) into something seen as Gross.

But also, if people are using it to be weird then it should be reported to admins as Emily said above. I'm not big into removing features when the issue is an admin-enforceable thing.

If the forced hug emote is moved to another chem in the end, I'd like to see something more visual that represents the chem is active, some ideas;
  • Some kind of fun particle effect, though using hearts kind of automatically makes it lean into the romantic love side of the scale so idk what else! Maybe rainbow hearts smile
  • Gives you an ability to do funny/unique Super Hugs???? I'm thinking like harmless wrestle-esque moves lol
  • Makes you say some nice affirmations to people around you in the same manner as forced speech from artifacts etc (with a unique text colour or effect to signify that the chem is active if you want to avoid potential creepiness but even this is quite benign imo)
what we should do however is make pure love additionally trigger extra *blush emotes
(12-18-2023, 08:26 PM)LeahTheTech Wrote: I can't really think of another appropriate emote that's more benign than hugging. You could uhh, wave awkwardly to express affection without physical contact?

Christian Side Hug