Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally
Telescreen in brig? Make sure it receives the TV channels too!
Actually I just had an idea about security. Make it so that the garbage chute in disposal leads to general population cell!
good idea / bad idea

[Image: VtBJ8.png]

[Image: 0qE1S.png] [Image: 6r9RL.gif]
[Image: m8n7h.png] [Image: 1vNCi.gif]

Chute in brig leads directly to outlet on that table. Intended for snacks, but lazy cops will probably just dump prisoners into it instead of using the cycling entry.

Kitchen scraps chute in kitchen also leads to that brig table, but that pipe line goes through a machine in that airless scary room... this machine has a high percentage chance of converting literally anything in the pipe into Prison Loaf. Food scraps, toolboxes, bombs, people...
i defiantly want to test this map out soon
Revision 0.9

[Image: kNHcX.png]

100% view: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89619796/v09.png

Revision notes:

Changed shapes of north end a bit, changed brig significantly. Added a direct chute into the cell for food (really just for dunking prisoners into it.) Also has a kitchen scraps disposal chute from the chef, both output to the table in genpop. In theory, this kitchen scraps disposals line would run through a Prison Loaf extruder (behind the prison shower, airless room) that destroys almost anything in the chute and converts it to prison food, including whatever weapons or assistants your accomplices might be trying to sneak into your prison cell. If bypassed through hacking or plumbing work, this could be used to deliver things straight into the cells for mischief.

Possible ways to implement Loaf Science:

1) Prison Loaf, same thing no matter what the source.

2) name-loaf, like meat, so any object in the game can become a loaf. Jay Wolff Loaf. Mechanical Toolbox Loaf. Pizza loaf. Carry over reagents from whatever went into it. Funny, but perhaps not as bizarre as...

3) Artifact Loaf. Check the contents of the pipe for certain white-list items (weird things, recursive loaves, weapons, blood, etc) and use those checks to generated an artifact food item. Random names, whitelisted reagent contents (no diseases?), and semi-random artifact effects if possible.

Lurid Loaf. Offensive Chutney. Quivering gruel. Horrid Loaf, which turns out to be a self-charging power source. Recursive Loaf with its own gravitational pull. Grotesque Stew that whispers weird nothings to anyone nearby. Fried Lurid Loaf Pizza.

not pictured: fattened most of the maint corridors back out to 2-tiles again, leaving only the one directly behind the brig and the one next to fire safety storage as narrow scary ones.
#2 or #3.

The chutes to general population sound awesome.
Artefact loaf sounds amazing.
So realistically when would we be able to put this map into the game, assuming that it's approved? I could use a "change in scenery," if you will.
We need diseases in the loaf. GBS-Loaf here i come.
This map looks so damn amazing. Implement it pleaaaaase *whine
It's been handed off and committed into the codebase for the lengthy process of updating it to modern code, it'll take awhile but things are happening.
Cogwerks Wrote:It's been handed off and committed into the codebase for the lengthy process of updating it to modern code, it'll take awhile but things are happening.

Why not just design it for the modern code in the first place?????
BruceHenke Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:It's been handed off and committed into the codebase for the lengthy process of updating it to modern code, it'll take awhile but things are happening.

Because I don't have access to that!!!
Cogwerks Wrote:
BruceHenke Wrote:

Because I don't have access to that!!!

oh right i am dumb sorry

*Ahem* YESSSS!
This is one awesome looking station and i very much so am looking forward to playing in it! Hope everything works out and we get to see this built and operational. I look forward to being that engineer who gets to fix all the shit that will inevitably be blown up in this monster of a station.