Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cogblap v0.98 | beta testing will be happening occasionally
Nightgunner5 Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:
Nightgunner5 Wrote:Have you tried putting the disposal pipes under the catwalks?

That is planned still, at the moment they're a type of plating and messing with layers won't make the pipes hide underneath. Need to figure something else out.

Electrofloor
I approve of this
Yeah, I'll see if I can make it work as a weird type of grille. Kinda hacky but meh.
Update:

[Image: yz2VVti.png]

It seems to work pretty well. A few changes are needed still but the lattice-style turf with a modified grille on top looks nice and behaves alright.
so do they act like regular station tiles where you don't suffer pressure damage while you're on them, or no?
if the engineers crank up the power to somewhere above a megawatt do the catwalks fry you
Spacemarine9 Wrote:if the engineers crank up the power to somewhere above a megawatt do the catwalks fry you

If you rig them with wire ends, yes. Currently it only shocks you if you kick them or bash them though, but there are some ways I could expand that. Some of the main wires are running under those catwalks already.
Spacemarine9 Wrote:if the engineers crank up the power to somewhere above a megawatt do the catwalks fry you
I like this idea because it's a good way to deal with traitors using the catwalks, or vice versa Twisted
Cogwerks Wrote:

If you rig them with wire ends, yes. Currently it only shocks you if you kick them or bash them though, but there are some ways I could expand that. Some of the main wires are running under those catwalks already.

Make it so if you're standing/walking/running on them and you have shoes on, you're fine, but if you lie down without an exosuit (other than small ones like body armor, of course) or take your shoes off, you get zapped. Bonus points if walking onto the catwalk causes you to get gibbed if^H^Hwhen you're naked due to the repeated zapping.
That sounds like way more effort and calculation than it's really worth. Nah. If you lay down without an exo suit on out there you're probably screwed anyways. It's in space.
DUMB THOUGHT

medical is a lot bigger and more centralized in its functions than on mushroom, and will have be expanding in scope once pathology comes online. maybe the HS could return?
What we still have the HS, and he is one of our most productive workers.
but we have a new HS and he does such a good job
I could see HS maybe making a return depend on if Muncherstation can accomodate him.

The current station's biggest problem was that Research was closer to medbay and without much reason to seperate research and medbay, both can pretty much function under one person.

Medbay works pretty much by itself and pretty much doesn't need a head most of the time.

If a HS can actually prove useful filling roles as needed, then sure.

Consolidating RD and HS into one job may have seemed like a good idea at the time, but most of the time RD never really fills the "doctor" roles really well.

Having a HS that can open genetics and clone a guy, or remove a brain and put it in a cyborg when roboticists are gone or nonexistant, or do surgeries on dudes (and dudettes), would be great.

I kind of like to think of the HS as the doctor of many talents, not just head doctor and doctor to the heads.
atomic1fire Wrote:I could see HS maybe making a return depend on if Muncherstation can accomodate him.

The current station's biggest problem was that Research was closer to medbay and without much reason to seperate research and medbay, both can pretty much function under one person.

Medbay works pretty much by itself and pretty much doesn't need a head most of the time.

If a HS can actually prove useful filling roles as needed, then sure.

Consolidating RD and HS into one job may have seemed like a good idea at the time, but most of the time RD never really fills the "doctor" roles really well.

Having a HS that can open genetics and clone a guy, or remove a brain and put it in a cyborg when roboticists are gone or nonexistant, or do surgeries on dudes (and dudettes), would be great.

I kind of like to think of the HS as the doctor of many talents, not just head doctor and doctor to the heads.

the real problem with the HS when he was removed was that most people who got the job thought its responsibilities were:

1. make sure the roboticists don't get ANYTHING done(you lose if borgs get built)

and

2. accidentally murder people with the cryo tubes because holy fuck how did i roll HS i was trying to be an assistant
I'd like to see the HS return.
Would be nice to have someone dedicated to helping people out in the medbay.
And with pathology eventually returning there should be more stuff for him to watch over.
Maybe he could even convince the RD to make the chemists make some actual medicine?