HoS Application - Polydanx II
Usual character name: Polydanx II, Senator Polydanx
BYOND username: Polydanke
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Polydanx

Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 1 Classic: Heisenbee

Reason for application: 
I don't think i'm alone when I say a Head of Security changes the overall tone of a round, just having that one guy keeping all of Security in check can greatly alter how the outcome is gonna be, be it through their oh-so fashionable apparel, their versatile Lawbringer or just their experience and knowledge that earned them the cape in the first place!

Security experience (300 word minimum):

I began playing security quite late in my time on Goonstation, like many others before me. I have a decent grasp on how to manage my teamates, my equipment, armory gear, contraband and just criminals in general. You may have seen me as a solo Officer on many occasions during low population hours. I believe i am fair in my punishments, confiscations and jail times. Here is my security flavored opinion on some of the things i gotta deal with, from my experience.

Non-antagonist criminals
These guys are most often found breaking into places they really should not be, for example the Captain's Office or the Sec Equipment Lockers, i mostly just search them, return the items, inform the department it concerns, and throw them back out with a slap on the wrist, and obviously some jail time for repeated or serious offences.

Traitors / Spy Thieves
It's hard to give a definitive answer because i'd hate to paint them all under the same brush, if theres some guy doing some friendly gimmick as a traitor I wouldn't just detain and execute him because he's "wOrKiNg FoR tHe SyNdIcAtE!!" It really depends on what they're doing, im obviously gonna (attempt) to arrest the guy doing a massacre in the bar with a Red Chainsaw.

Changelings
These 'things' aren't human. Not even a little bit. My standard procedure is to chuck them off of the Z-level if i catch them early on, and cremate them if caught killing after their return.

Arcfiends
Alot of what i said about changelings is also true for Arcfiends, again, they are not human. But some Officers give them some leeway due to their decreased resistance against the elements of space. My procedure is the same for Changelings, but instead of space, I put them in an Arcfiend-proofed brig cell.

Vampires / Thralls
Just to get thralls out of the way, all I do is KILL, and then CLONE. For the vampires themselves? Muzzling upon arrest is always there as an option, but when the station has fallen to their army, you're gonna have to value common sense over fairness.

Misc. (blob, flock, etc.)
Notify everyone via radio, (location, threat type) and then engage when ready.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    1. LaBeL YoUr PiNpOiNtErS!!  surprised fat and sassy space-bee 2. This may sound silly, and obvious, but recharge your guns at whatever chance you get, you never know when someones gonna get the jump on you when your baton, taser has ran out of juice, i've seen some unfortunate secoffs have to resort to their primitive fists and toolboxes because they forgot to recharge.

• What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    I'd like it if all of your equipment came pre-labeled, for example: your baton, pinpointer, taser and barrier. Its honestly a QOL change that would benefit us Security Officers A TON. A few players, including myself, label our stuff anyways, so this will just save us a lot of time.  bee

• Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    I have quite a lot of rounds where i've ended up to be the only redshirt on station, its comical in a way, NT not caring about Security so they just send one poor bloke into the station to do their bidding, anyways, i'm way more alert if i find out its just me vs. the world. i'll set up the portable flashers and get my gear ready as swiftly as possible, unfortunately this doesnt let me do as much fun things i would be able to do if i had more co-workers. But i've found that it's made me a better security officer in general, not having to rely on my coworkers to help with things, i've actually kind of suprised myself on how much i've improved in these last couple months, arrests i do in less than a minute now would have taken me five if i hadnt improved.  bee

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

[*]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
I'd like to thank Samooel Raider for helping this become a reality, a few days back, i had a ton of fun being a 'Counter-Intelligence Agent' , dressed in staff assistant clothes and with experimental security gear, it may have not ALL gone to plan, but that's the fun part!  Boogiebot

[*]

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
No bans on record, multiple warns from my memory.  it's okay, he'll be up again before you know it
I'm neutral on this, and the reason for being neutral is that I don't ever see you playing sec (or at least not as often as I'd like). I'm sure you're a great candidate for the position but you need to go out there and let yourself get seen in that red jumpsuit!!
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to a lack of positive feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be April 10, 2024. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!