Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make pod communications floating text
Wink 
One thing that's always bothered me is that when you use pod communications, it's only in the chat logs but not floating text. This usually means they go completely unnoticed, making the communication systems rather useless in this aspect. It's possible the pod communications only work pod to pod, but as far as I know that's not the case? It'd be nice if you could see it as floating text regardless.

I am not a coder but I think this should be easy to implement.
I think ghost critters can still use those? Probably should fix that first
(12-13-2023, 03:15 AM)valtsu0 Wrote: I think ghost critters can still use those? Probably should fix that first

I tried doing it the other day as a ghost critter, you cant pilot, it even specifically states you cant in the chatlog. But you can be a passenger.
(12-15-2023, 12:25 PM)BadShot Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 03:15 AM)valtsu0 Wrote: I think ghost critters can still use those? Probably should fix that first

I tried doing it the other day as a ghost critter, you cant pilot, it even specifically states you cant in the chatlog. But you can be a passenger.

And you can use the pod comms as a passenger
(12-15-2023, 12:57 PM)valtsu0 Wrote:
(12-15-2023, 12:25 PM)BadShot Wrote:

And you can use the pod comms as a passenger

Ah thats what you mean. Well critters can also speak normally and dont have float text, so it would probably just work the same
They can also use headsets by turning the microphone on and being in the same tile