Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Using Headset while Incapacitated
Players can use the radio headset while incapacitated from stuns and according to other players, even when they have no arms.

The way I see the headset being used, is the player pressing a button on the side when they send a message out, which shouldn't be possible if they can't move their arms, due to stuns or being handcuffed.

Still changing this now would be a massive buffs for any kind of antagonist that can knockdown (like Vampire) and handcuffs, making the radio jammer more obsolete.
Nope, since you can also just remove the headset. It just means you gotta catch em off guard or jam the radio.
Yeah not all too sure what this does that pickpocketing doesn't. Not being able to radio while cuffed/armless is incredibly restrictive for Antags.
Losing a fight and getting stunned for a long time can already be very demoralizing, being unable to communicate on the radio during that time would be hellish. This is just a suspension of disbelief thing, I don’t think every mechanic needs to make sense.
While I do understand where this idea is coming from, I don't think that a change like this would fit into the game, for many reasons that have already been mentioned. Stuns are already very powerful from a combat perspective, this would only add another huge buff to the list. Considering how fast a stun can happen, most people would not have enough time to type ";Sec to [location]!", which could make antags that are already stun-focused (ling, vampire) a lot stronger. Similarly, security's efficient, long-ranged stun weapons would leave little time for the target to, for example, alert fellow gangsters.

Making radio headsets unusable while stunned would make combat less fun. If you want to stop someone from using the radio, just take it.
In lore reason to be able to use headsets while... armless or cuffed would just be hitting the "button" on the headset by leaning your head down to your shoulder and using the shoulder to hit the button. easy peacy. Heck you could prolly use a nearby table, wall, floor or the like too!
While i like the idea of adding more ways to stop geadset communications for antags in general, i think stuns is a bit too easy.