Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Magnetic Boots for Cyborgs
Basically, prevents you from being moved by the Singularity/Gravity Wells as any other benefit Cyborgs just naturally have, to my knowledge.
It'd be nice not to be constantly moved about by the Singularity even if it's taking up an entire upgrade slot + power drain.
That's it, that's the suggestion.
Yeah Ive wanted this for ages now and this idea in general has been floated a bunch, would be useful in general and also enable you to become robo krampus,
On the one hand, 2 krampus standing side by side that can fight back while the plasmafire lurks in is terrifying.
On the other, borgs can already bolt every single escape route, and an AI can do that real efficiently. The only bonus to this would be the borg's RCD building walls behind themselves instead of behind doors, which I don't think they even do that now.

The most I can see this being a real problem in is if you're somewhere where there's no control over the doors anyways, or when the power is out (which being a wall is alot less cost effective than building a wall)
Or if a borg wants to push people around, they do have some crazy speed bonuses available and aren't weighed down by protective gear. This should probably also slow them down a bit.
There are several things suggested here:

* Borgs not being moved by the singularity/gravity wells
* Borgs not being able to be pushed

I really like the first thing. No objections here.
For the second - I would love to have that module as medical borg. But it may be too strong.
(12-10-2023, 06:47 PM)Dhaidburt Wrote: On the one hand, 2 krampus standing side by side that can fight back while the plasmafire lurks in is terrifying.

Magboots dont prevent lying under, that being said having to lie down to pass definitely has combat implications but I think the upgrade having combat value will probably be a good thing. The main thing I see here is medborgs standing on operating tables in the hallway but to some extent you can do this already so Im not too worried about it
Really not a fan of this. Validhunting borgs blocking people are already a massive pain in the ass already. Adding shoving-immunity makes this just worse.
I could see this being an expansion module, with a high enough active power cost (electromagnets, obviously).

You can lay down and scoot under/around borgs, so them being a blocker isn't too big of a deal. And I'd argue that if they're blocking things -- that's what a little "percussive maintenance" is for, if you catch my drift.
Can't see why not if it was a module.
Working on this to PR it, don't have sprites but I'll get to that when I know its working. Writing code when you can't test things is a horrible idea but oh well I got bored. I think the concerns about being shoved are fine if you just duck under or keep the power drain high, right now I have it the same as Speed Module (100) but I can increase/decrease if concerns are still about.