DeputyToaster [Ricky Johnson] HoS application
Usual character name: Ricky Johnson
BYOND username: DeputyToaster
Discord username (if you are on our discord): DeputyToaster#1065
Recommended by (if applicable):N/A
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 1 Classic: Heisenbee

Reason for application: I’d like to unlock HoS because I really enjoy the security role and want to experience it on a different level and bring my own flavor of leadership to the security department!

Security experience (300 word minimum): Since being recommended this game by a friend and learning the mechanics of the game, I’ve always been drawn to playing sec. A few months after getting into the game, I finally decided to give it a try, and since then I have been enthralled with security gameplay. Everytime I ready up, security officer and detective are set to medium priority with nothing in the favorite category because I am always willing to play as security. I typically play 2 - 3 shifts per day that I play, which is most day and I make sure that one of my shifts is played as security, not only because I feel like repaying it to the station and other secoff players, but because I really enjoy keeping the shift as calm and safe as possible, while giving the antags a chance to have fun, before eventually (and hopefully) being caught and stopped. I have enough experience in playing sec that I have my own routine for when I find myself playing a shift as security. I have ample field experience with NT law as well as how breaking said laws results in punishment and how to determine said punishments. Playing sec is often something I look forward to because even when not playing a head of staff position, I find myself becoming somewhat of a leader in emergencies, and I like to think that I have become a regular and recognisable member of the security team and server as a whole. All in all, I have now been playing security officer and detective for months and consistently too. I find sec to be rather enjoyable and I believe myself to be a rather knowledgeable space cop. I have ample experience playing sec against most if not all antag types, and I feel as if I know what to do to ensure a safe station, but more importantly a fun station.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
Sometimes being security is going to be boring or uneventful, learn to enjoy those moments. I have met many secoff that only want to hunt, but eventually you will learn to appreciate the moments where there is now killer clowns, no nukies, no scientists pedaling super poison. Enjoy the calm, for it is much better than the storm that follows.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
I was lured into maintenance by someone I have come to know well on the server, I was then nearly murdered by a lunatic with a lightsaber. This resulted in a full on gun fight that ended with both of us dying. This round was legitimatley so wild. Shoutout to YES man treeby for saving my life.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

NanoTrasen: A short poem

Rolling hills as far as the eye can see
Rushing rivers pouring over cliffs
What a wondrous land for a person to be

The fauna frolic in endless fields
The farmers work
And their crops do yield

A land untainted by the society we’re encased in
A gorgeous sight
Oh god no, here comes NanoTrasen
Ricky's seemed really capable and friendly in the rounds I've seen him in. I've seen him take down baddies & he's pretty active over the radios. I don't play sec but from rounds I've observed he seems like he's got it to me! +1
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to a lack of feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be April 10, 2024. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!