Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
fun way of mildly nerfing wrestler?
space goose hi, im snoid. i dont really like, do combat in this game much yet, but i noticed people on classic complain about wrestler being easy and overpowered sometimes. i take an interest in game design and i pvp in a lot of different games, so i hope my idea isnt shit and makes sense.

i think one of the flaws of wrestler is that it doesnt really like, feel like a Wrestler to play. when youre playing it, you play like an assassin. try to not stay in LoS of people with guns, stick around corners, take people by surprise, etc. imo that doesnt really like, fit with wrestling as a theme. wrestling is bombastic and flashy, not stealthy. thus, my idea is that wrestling comes with LOUD SOUND EFFECTS OF PEOPLE CHEERING AND MUSIC AND SHIT. sound effects that make the presense of a wrestler VERY OBVIOUS and cannot be mistaken for anything else. when you use one of your abilities, youre making a scene, and the secret crowd you have watching you loves it! also depending on how hard it actually effects wrestlers, maybe also have the sounds of a pro wrestling entrance have a chance to play when theyre sprinting? im a little iffy on that one tho.

hopefully this is less obviously shit then my last suggestion lol
Buying any 7+tc item sends an announcement computer style alert, excluding a surplus crate (or any items contained in one once purchased), 2 minutes after purchase

Perhaps maybe not mindslave cloner either
All good ideas, would just take coding to add it. Would be cool and funny to have camera flashes, audience cheer noises, maybe a steel chair that works like a boomerang for them.
The idea of adding a live audience to the wrestler sounds incredibly funny and I very much approve. Additionally the sprite for the belt should probably be made a bit more flashy. They may need a bit more cc stuff after this, but that sounds fine.
The reason I like the wrestling belt is because it's flashy... making it more flashy is a-okay with me!
(11-29-2023, 09:47 PM)Ikea Wrote: Additionally the sprite for the belt should probably be made a bit more flashy.

Make it sparkle like the particle effect on syreline, but more brightly.
I had suggested giving the wrestler an entrance move they could use once in awhile thats heard through the station with fire works and pyrotechnics on discord a while back. Forgot to make a forum suggestion. I'm all for big explosive intros that let the wrestler cut a promo for a minute so everyone knows whats up.
This seems fun. TC item alert seems like a bad idea, or, at least one that'd have to account for people buying items early or saving them for when they get cornered. Love the ideas of the belts and sound effects, though.
Cheering sound effects sounds fun. I can imagine brutally bashing someone to death with wrestler powers while I get cheered on loudly. Good suggestion.
I don't really have anything I wanna add here, I just wanna say these are epic suggestions and I hope this happens someday. It'd be especially funny to see this on the RP servers.
making them louder is one thing - i've seen some admin abilities that summon wrestling rings. could be worth going all out and locking the more powerful wrestler spells to being inside a ring?

there's also good to be had making all the wrestling animations slower and flashier, then giving the wrestlers some kind of protection while they're wrestling (for example, making the victim of a wrestle move into a human shield for the entirety of the grappling animations)
or going full on and just not letting people use guns in the ring, whereby sec simply must contain the wrestler rather than immediately shooting them to bits *shrug

any of these would help lock down wrestlers instead of where they're at now, regularly doing weird drive-by throatpunches and dropkicks etc