Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replace Hallucagenic sting with..
...x unit sting of Omega Slurry.
Ok, so like, I'd like anyone on this forum to tell me when Hallucinogenic sting has been useful, ever. If the answer is gimmicky, I will eat my non-existent hat. Free drugs is not an appropriate answer because the majority of times it just pisses people off and gives off a big indication that "I'M A CHANGLING, COME AND KILL ME"

The reason I want Omega Slurry as the replacement as it has a 15% chance of a bad mutation, 5% chance of a good mutation. The radiation is minimal, and will probably go unnoticed.
The pro's for this is

A) The sting is not an offensive sting, and falls in line with hallucagen, but is far more effective at spreading paranoia. Sting someone, watch their genes get potentially scrambled, it takes the heat off you because people will start to think they're the ling instead.
B) Again, it's a subtle sting, you have the potential to make someone blind or mute, but it's not always guaranteed. For example a spit will always knock someone out, while this only has certain odds. You don't use it as an offensive, you use it exactly how you would the hallucinogen was intended, to spread paranoia and whittle down your target.
It makes your victim loopy and causes them to faint A LOT. Saved my dumb ling ass a few times. I say leave it as is.
I remember a round where a changeling was eating away the crew ontill only me,the RD and the scientist were left,we also had a crazy man screaming about spiders (?) and we stayed with him and listened to him,only after about 15 minutes of walking around i noticed that the RD had like a little loop in his walking.. he always entered the room of the crazy man and stood next to him for a second and then left off,at that point i started suspecting the RD when i noticed that he was just standing there looking at me... after that he tried spitting at me at the second i took out my gun and got knocked down,but when i woke up i just saw the RD dead because i let the crazy man out and he killed the RD. it was really fun to play with the crazy man and the changeling RD which just kept injecting him with drugs and the crazy man just played with it. one of the best uses of the sting i ever saw.
Ali0en Wrote:It makes your victim loopy and causes them to faint A LOT. Saved my dumb ling ass a few times. I say leave it as is.

Define "loopy"
Also, faint alot? Hallucinogen does this?

storm1911 Wrote:Stuff

This is a case of the the ARE-PEE argument. Sure, if the was an RP server, hallucinogen would be useful, but 99% people will not play along.
Ali0en Wrote:It makes your victim loopy and causes them to faint A LOT. Saved my dumb ling ass a few times. I say leave it as is.
Neurotoxin sting does this not the hallucinogenic sting. The hallucinogenic sting just gives you a big dose of LSD, so it just makes everything colorful and you can see monsters coming to get you right away so it's a giant flag that the last person near you was a changeling. I have never had someone pass out from the LSD sting.
It messes with your victim's movement, it's useful in shambler battles.
I approve of this solely because one day a Changeling is going to Slurrysting someone, start to try eating them, and they'll abruptly become Obese and your hands will pop off their blubbery neck and you will cry.
Archenteron Wrote:I approve of this solely because one day a Changeling is going to Slurrysting someone, start to try eating them, and they'll abruptly become Obese and your hands will pop off their blubbery neck and you will cry.
Oh god, that would be hilarious.

This needs to happen.