Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Midround Ancient Robot Attack
I've been wrestling with this concept for a while, and I've finally put together a design document to hammer out the details, but essentially this project aims to add a "Boss critter" to the game. This project was directly inspired by S.W.O.R.D. but the goal of the project is to tone down the boss's destructive capability and fine tune the combat experience players would face. You can find the rough concept design doc here: https://hackmd.io/@swinglow20/Hkax1-iEp 

I would love to hear some ideas or suggestions, as there is a ton to think about for a project of this scope.
I enjoy this idea - it's super metal. I would enjoy more odd boss-like antagonists in general as well, something not as stationary as the blob or real time strategy as the flock, or solely collective like revs.

I haven't seen how big the ancient would be, but I'm imagining it being able to get both robots from the lava moon, and assimilate crew. Maybe a very reasonable cooldown, but the image of a hulking death robot is fun, and deserves to be explored.