Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enchanted Robes!
So like you know how the wizards get 3 different robes? I was thinking that they could all have some passive ability that helps the wizard a little! Like maybe blue robes can help protect against attacks randomly and boost your recovery time from stuns, and the red robes can protect you from catching fire and being hit with your own fireballs, black robes would maybe raise zombies instead of skeletons and shorten the cooldown for raise dead and raise golom type spells

Just a thought! v
I like this idea. Except theres one problem.

can we not make wizard more overpowered
robe enchantment idea: robes change your beard

blue gives you classic white, red gives you evil black beard/goatee, white gives you booooones
Wizard is already pretty strong.
Wizards are only strong against lone victims that don't have projectile weapons but give that one person a laser gun and the wizard isn't really a problem anymore. It all depends on how the wizard goes about his job same as anything else.
Give wizards a spell they can take that enchants their robes. Red Robes will resist burn damage, Black Robes will resist brute damage, and Blue Robes will resist stuns. So if a wizard wants to give up 1/4 of their magical power, they can take a defensive advantage instead. And, if they do have enchanted robes, the crew will be able to tell at a glance what will and won't be effective.

This should probably go without saying, but give the spell a loooong cooldown, and make it only last a limited time. So a wiz can cast it, teleport to the station, and wreak havoc. But he can't just cast it once at the beginning of the round, and then be invincible (To one damage type) for the entire round after that.
In fact, I would also add in a fourth Robe, a single white robe in a chest on the wizard shuttle, which you can enchant to heal yourself. Acts like a slightly boosted saline, and slowly heals all four damage types, brain damage, and also increases the metabolism of poisons. So it's not going to help you if six assistants are braining you with fire extinguishers, but if you get stung by a changeling and manage to retreat to your shuttle, you can enchant your medic robes and take a quick nap to sleep off the worst of his stings.
I think a white robe like you suggested would work well as an enchantment, similar to staff of cthlulu and soulguard.
The white robe works exactly how you suggested, only the effect is passive; you stay static, and you will start to recover from everything (poison, brute, burn) at a slow rate, and stun at a fast rate.
The white robe would instantly signify this, which would mean that the crew will probably not take you alive, but that's the choice you made by picking it.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:In fact, I would also add in a fourth Robe, a single white robe in a chest on the wizard shuttle, which you can enchant to heal yourself. Acts like a slightly boosted saline, and slowly heals all four damage types, brain damage, and also increases the metabolism of poisons. So it's not going to help you if six assistants are braining you with fire extinguishers, but if you get stung by a changeling and manage to retreat to your shuttle, you can enchant your medic robes and take a quick nap to sleep off the worst of his stings.

In addition, a grey robe named "Robes of the Robust" which give up increased strength in wielding things.

Y'know, sort of like Grand-elf the Greyshirt.