Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stowaway security
This seems like a legitimate oversight. Security is presumably, the most trusted staff other then command, since they're the ones trusted to have access to weapons.

But security particularly, it seems really off. I think that if you roll security with stowaway it should nullify the stowaway
Nah, this is quite fun to do sometimes.
Like stowaway captain.

If you pick that trait with as security officer, you probably will first get chased by beepsky, then try to make it to the HoP, who hopefully believes your story when you show them your mark. Or not - and demotes you to Staff Assistant. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Only thing I'd worry about with stowaway sec is if it's a rev round or if they don't get their token. Then you'd have to go bug QM for a token and also get an ID from HoP. By the time you do that revs have already murdered half the crew.
(11-23-2023, 09:07 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Only thing I'd worry about with stowaway sec is if it's a rev round or if they don't get their token. Then you'd have to go bug QM for a token and also get an ID from HoP. By the time you do that revs have already murdered half the crew.

They still get their token. (And I think QM can not order the tokens anymore.)

And your other concern could apply to security officers who pick the no legs, wheelchair trait - they might have a disadvantage with all those stairs.
Or if they pick human torch and a staff assistant with a flame thrower sets them on fire.
I mean... stowaway sec spawn with a badge that shows they are a part of security, in a way..
Personally I see selection of the trait as additional challenge and therefore don't see why it should be balanced around specific roles. Also creating inconsistencies in traits can set bad precedence and people who don't know that those are mutually exclusive can be missing a trait slot.
My primary issue is some security will take stowaway, then hide all of their security gear, not wear a sec headset, hack in to get their sec gear at an outpost, then sneak around to bust people.

This feels unfair. There's no way an antagonist can know they exist, and giving security a hidden agent that can run around stunning and robusting , as detective or officer, feels like its against the spirit of the job.

For example what if we have a stowaway captain on a rev round on the other hand? The revs could litterally never find them. because if they put on different clothes they're now invisible and untracable by any means.
(11-25-2023, 10:20 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: My primary issue is some security will take stowaway, then hide all of their security gear, not wear a sec headset, hack in to get their sec gear at an outpost, then sneak around to bust people.

This feels unfair. There's no way an antagonist can know they exist, and giving security a hidden agent that can run around stunning and robusting , as detective or officer, feels like its against the spirit of the job.

For example what if we have a stowaway captain on a rev round on the other hand? The revs could litterally never find them. because if they put on different clothes they're now invisible and untracable by any means.

While undercover cop is a feasable thing that is quite nice at times (i got quite much surprised by a secoff in a salvage pod recently and it was awesome) the issue with heads is more a concern about flawed design of the rev gamemode itself.

Both scenarios you describe are easily doable without stowaway.