Complaint Captainbravo
Sad 
Date:11/16/2023

I am posting this for multiple reasons but primarily because I've been told people have been hit with bans like this before and would like to bring it to the attention of admins. I was banned for ban evasion and breaking language rules on or around the above date. I know the ban wasn't meant for me so I asked around to see if this is something that has happened to others who use a VPN and got that it has happened to others before. Now, I use a VPN but have been whitelisted and all that to my knowledge so I'm not sure what happened exactly and why I was hit with this as it's literally my first time being banned, so I'm asking that if admins are going to permaban someone in the future that they do better to make sure the right person is banned going forward.

Secondly, in the ban message there was a personal attack on how I play the game which I find to be unnecessary and counterproductive to the point of a ban(which I assume is to curb bad behavior) I don't need a critique on how I play the game or that "This seems like a pretty miserable way to play the game." If you want someone to change their behavior you shouldn't need to talk down to someone or put in small jabs like that. I hope that in future the admins do better to make sure they ban the right people and not simply punish people for using a VPN as I do and to not be as antagonistic or provoking when handing out bans. I love the game and the community and I genuinely want to see the server do well so I hope the admins work to do better in the future.
I don't really understand the issue here?

It seems like you used a VPN, bounced off someone else's ban (Who was probably trying to avoid it by using a VPN) and are taking it as a personal attack?

In the future, you just make a ban appeal and tell us you hit the VPN and we just lift it.
You've been unbanned now, but you will likely keep hitting the auto-banner if you keep using a VPN, there's a reason we don't allow them.
To be clear the message you were seeing was not a comment on your behaviour in any way because it was written for a completely different player (ie their habit of making new accounts and evading constantly only to be banned again over and over was a "Pretty miserable way to play the game")
No, the ban itself isn't the personal attack. the issue is the message at the end of the ban stating "this seems like a miserable way to play the game." and as far as the ban goes, it seems like it's locked to my account not my VPN. I don't know exactly because I haven't had any contact about what happened yet. Even if the message isn't for me I don't think telling someone that is constructive. That's it.

(11-21-2023, 06:13 AM)LeahTheTech Wrote: You've been unbanned now, but you will likely keep hitting the auto-banner if you keep using a VPN, there's a reason we don't allow them.
To be clear the message you were seeing was not a comment on your behaviour in any way because it was written for a completely different player (ie their habit of making new accounts and evading constantly only to be banned again over and over was a "Pretty miserable way to play the game")

Ah, ok. well sadly I play from work which requires me to use one for any internet traffic. I thought the white-list process was to avoid having that issue though.

(11-21-2023, 06:04 AM)Cal Wrote: I don't really understand the issue here?

It seems like you used a VPN, bounced off someone else's ban (Who was probably trying to avoid it by using a VPN) and are taking it as a personal attack?

In the future, you just make a ban appeal and tell us you hit the VPN and we just lift it.

Sorry Cal, I did post an appeal about 6 days ago and it got no interactions. not sure why but it was also my first post to goon forums so I don't know if it was even done right.
It's cool, it seems it slipped through the cracks. Sorry about that, it's been lifted.