Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traitor Tier List by Occupation: HoP trader op nerf pls
Val Wrote:
Oddball Wrote:what is it with peoples incessant need to organize things into groups and tiers? this isn't super smash bros.

I like fighting games. And I also have a habit for organizing things into lists and data.

Also stop derailing my thread you shits.

This is my revised tier list for SS13 occupations when they get traitor. You guys should take a crack at it.

Captain, HoP, RD, CE, AI

HIGH
Engineer, Scientist, those with sec access

U. MID
Electrician, Quartermaster, Roboticist

MID
Medical Doctor, Geneticist, Detective

L. MID
Botanist, Janitor, Miner, Chef

LOW
Bartender, Assistants, Chaplain

Same things were considered as last time, with even more tiers added to reflect the nature of their positions and how it affects their objectives. Most common objectives are assassination, theft, sabotage, and survival. This was also taken into consideration of how easy it is for them to do any of them, but not any one in particular. Maybe there can be tiers for each individual type of objective?
Stop trying to organize it into tiers, seeing as people are better with certain jobs given certain tools. It's very easy to get your ID changed at the HoP, so job doesn't even really have a massive effect. This isn't a fighting game, move on.
Can the AI even be traitor?
Val Wrote:Also stop derailing my thread you shits.
Everybody knows Link is the best character.
Take my example:

If you want better access so fucking bad, then you've got to earn it. Whether it be by brute force, theft or muggings. Why do people try to organize jobs into tiers? go and fucking kill the HoP/Captain, loot his body and shove his goddamned body in a furnace or whatever. I was able to do it hassle free, without any traitor gear, consistently, leave the hop alive, and avoid arrest very very often. I'm not even robust. why can't you guys do it yourselves?(or you could mindslave them if you're too afraid of failure). The only way jobs should ever affect your traitor round is if you were looking for a specific job related traitor item (oh well sucks to be you).

Hey, even then you could be lucky and have a fellow scientist traitor/whatever job. Just follow 'em around or lure them into a false sense of security then when they have their PDA unlocked, dispense of all "good-spirit" niceties and simply put, kill them and take their PDA. voila: scientist specific traitor items. Admittedly, it's not foolproof so i recommend hunting and killing all the other traitors after about 15 minutes with the hope of hitting jackpot.

If you're also complaining about lack of ways to kill people, then do something creative. Find something that no one ever does because it's stupidly and awesomely dangerous and abuse the shit out of it until you get namebanned for legitimate uses of it.

It's like you guys want everything handed to you on a silver platter.

And actually, the best character is either Falco or Wario.
I kind of agree with Phoenix. Last time I was traitor it took literally no effort to talk the HoP into giving me access to everything but Sec and Head-Only areas so I "could heal people like a proper Medical Doctor without having to ask the AI to let me in." By the end of the round I had 3 QM lasers in my pocket and I ended up making a few bombs and blowing up the monkey vendors, and nobody suspected a thing until I emagged the shuttle.

I find that major head positions are tougher merely because I find people are much more suspicious of you. People tend to pay more attention to a captain or HoP than a greysuit, basically, which is good and bad. On the other hand, most people don't care about the RD and NOBODY cares about the CE, so it's pretty easy to do anything you want with them.

Also King Dedede is a god when played correctly, comparable only to Luigi. And maybe also Ike, if you like playing boring easy characters.
Val Wrote:LOW Tier - These jobs are tricky to get traitoring done with...
*Janitor
Val Wrote:L. MID
Janitor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twzmfhSoybY
Janitor is the best traitor job hth
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:Janitor traitor round

Additional reading from PlumpHelmet that further proves his point. Like I said earlier, Janitor is pretty sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKy_RTOkXoI&feature=plcp
I don't really like tiers, this is about how I see it:
Heads of staff and jobs with bombs.
Everyone else
Barmen and assistants

I like Ike, he kills all.
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twzmfhSoybY
Janitor is the best traitor job hth

shameless self promotion :ugeek:
Conor12 Wrote:I don't really like tiers, this is about how I see it:
Heads of staff and jobs with bombs.
Everyone else
Barmen and assistants

I like Ike, he kills all.

1. Assistant is my favorite job to play as traitor because of the sonic vuvuzela

2. Barman is my other favorite job to play as traitor because of moonshine

3. I hate playing as heads of staff as traitor because it's too easy and I never have any fun
Have you considered not judging them in general but instead judging them by goal?

MURDER (unstealthy killing)

TOP: Anyone with sec access, Chef, Scientist

HIGH: Botanist, Janitor, Miner, Detective

MEDIUM: Everyone else

ASSASINATION (stealthy killing)

HIGH: Roboticist (if your target is gullible), anyone with sec access, Chef, Detective, Geneticist.

MEDIUM: Miner (situational), Chaplain, Barman, Scientist

LOW: Everyone else

SURVIVABILITY (when everything's gone down the toilet)

TOP: Anyone with EVA access, Miner

HIGH: Scientist, Engineer, Electrician, Medical Doctor/Assistant

MEDIUM: Everyone not listed, assuming they prepared

ITEM THEFT

HIGH: Anyone with head level access

LOW: Anyone else (usually)
Kubius Wrote:Have you considered not judging them in general but instead judging them by goal?
Trying to sort traitors into superior and inferior groups is still stupid, as a good player can get away with anything pretty easily, but that -would- be a better system.
[quote="Kubius"]
SURVIVABILITY (when everything's gone down the toilet)

TOP: Anyone with EVA access, Miner

HIGH: Scientist, Engineer, Electrician, Medical Doctor/Assistant

MEDIUM: Everyone not listed, assuming they prepared
[quote]
What type of survivalbility are we talking about? By the people you chose, you are talking about surviving something along the lines of a meteor shower, or no power and breaches in the hull. Chaplain can really survive with their bible and some sort of protective headgear. As long as you have air, you can basically run into space and ram yourself over the head with your bible and be fine.
Bartender isn't actually all that terrible. You start off with a (secluded) closet full of poison and get a pretty good traitor item. I've convinced countless targets to come and get drunk with me with a little ~RP magic~ and promptly slain them when the coast was clear, and the chef has usually been happy to help me butcher a body or two.