Largeamountsofscreaming - Mentor Application
Usual character name: Mavis Moovenheimer, General Gutsemferfun, Prisoner J738
BYOND username: Largeamountsofscreaming
Discord username (if you are on our discord): LargeAmountsofScreaming / .pimpinchimp
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Sylvester

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): I've been playing goon for almost a year now, and it's been a blast to be able to get tons of fun experiences with you all. Having fun games and being able to interact with everyone in and out of game has been some of the most fun I've had playing games. It's a community I want to contribute to, and being able to mentor new people that come into this game would be a great way for me to help. Being able to guide new players to learn the mechanics and gain more confidence in branching out to be able to handle the more complex motions on their own is a really fulfilling feeling. I would love to be able to use mentoring as a direct way to help guide people who need help learning Goon.

Engineering: I have a fundamental understanding off all engine types, a fair bit of breach fixing experience, as well as material science and mining

Medical: My second most played department, I have a good knowledge on how to perform surgeries as well as how to effectively treat all sorts of diseases and ailments from the variety of goofballery the station can create. I understand how to upgrade and create borgs and bots. I also have a mid-level understanding of how to run genetics.

Civilian: While chaplain is one of my main roles, I do understand how to create food and mix drinks, as well as how to grow and strengthen plants for good yields from people who actually are insane enough to play botany.

Command: Captain is my other main role, and I believe I have learned a fair amount about understanding the purpose of command and the ways that it can both help and hinder a shift experience depending on how it is played. Being able to facilitate fun rounds with captain or MD gimmicks is one of my favorite things to do when I play.

Research: While being my least played department, I still understand and enjoy artifact science. I also understand the basics of chemistry, toxins, and making Guardbuddies guard you (for 10 minutes until the Rumpus protocol thing happens and it just gets funky).

Antags: I've had a bit of experience playing each of the antags and know a few of the tips and tricks for each. I'm not robust but I know people who are and what they do, so it counts.

Goon has been one of my favorite communities I've been a part of, and some of the people I met and still play with are some of my good friends because of it. It would be a pleasure to be able to help people get that same experience.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): N/A
Screaming, and all his characters, have always been(to me), a positive experience to be around. Always ready to RP and welcoming of others, I think he's been a consistently friendly face to see on Sylvester for as long as he's been playing there. I mostly only see him in his captain and chaplain roles, but I have no doubt that his other listed departmental experience is accurate and that he knows a wide variety of topics about other departments as well. I personally haven't seen tons of him helping new players, but I also have no doubts that he would be a great help to the newer players coming into the servers now, and a good mentor figure.
Strong +1 from me.
Having switched to playing mainly on Monty, I don‘t see screaming as often anymore, but when I do, they‘re always approachable, friendly and knowledgeable (in- and out-of-character). I believe becoming a mentor would also help them flesh out their areas of expertise and give them the tools to guide even more players.
+1 from me!
Any character Screaming plays is always a joy to see on station. They have a wide knowledge base, and more than once I have witnessed them stop what they were doing to assist someone who was having trouble figuring out the game's mechanics, or helping a new arrival get oriented and help them find what they were looking for. They also have a wonderful temperament with a patient, welcoming attitude in everything they do.

On a more personal note, Mavis was one of the first (if not the first) who actually offered my character a confession in the chaplain role. His chaplain play and great attitude directly inspired me to step outside the secmain box and occasionally roll Chaplain myself, something I probably would not have done had I not witnessed his play in the role. I cannot recommend them enough for this, and I have no doubt they will excel and would be a strong asset to the community in this way. Full and strong +1 from me!
Consistently a polite an simultaneously hilarious presence on-station, I've only ever see them be good to people while maintaining good roleplay. I'd be for you as a mentor, currently.
Every round with Mavis, the General, and Prisoner J738 has been incredibly fun and you are incredibly knowledgeable about the game. Coming in as a new player was intimidating, but I have a fond memory of the General being very patient with me when my game bugged out, despite the fact that IC, you were in a rush. Just today as well, I watched you come into robotics as an angler just to help the brand new roboticist with putting together their first cyborg.  You certainly left an impression on them, because within the next round, they wanted to find you again to get a tour. This is a +1 from me!
All of Screaming's characters have been fun to interact with over the last year and a half of my playtime. I remember when I first joined the RP side of Goon and was very timid towards interaction, and Screaming's characters (mainly Mavis at that time) being there to include me in whatever was going on. can't recall a bad interaction I've ever had with any of his characters, and I've personally seen this inclusive attitude extend to all players he interacts with.

he's also very helpful both in-game and in the Discord, and an overall positive presence in the community. big +1 from me.
After review of community feedback and internal deliberation, we have accepted your application to become a mentor. Congrats! Please familiarize yourself with our Mentor Guidelines and reach out anytime if you have any concerns or questions.