Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning up; A tiny code change to Disposal Units.
Along with making ss13 more $$$ orientated, I am all down for streamlining shit, due to the fact that our rounds are shorter than some, streamlining stuff makes things run smoother, faster and more enjoyable.
All that bullshit aside, one thing that stood out for me was the complete and utter uselessness of the trash cart, and it's no wonder that the syndicate version is often spotted because the former is almost never used.
Why? Putting the rubbish in is easy. Putting the rubbish from the trash-cart to the disposal unit is nigh impossible, as you have to pick up every individual object and place it in.

The fix? Easy: Let the disposal unit work like a manufacturer, in that you can drag and drop items into it, that "quickly stuffing" action where it puts all of x item on the tile to the unit. You know what I'm talking about.

This will be good because
A) It streamlines cleaning up, due to a tiny change
B) Although the change is for disposal units, it buffs the use of the trash cart.
C) Now janitor borgs can actually properly dispose of rubbish too.
I am totally for this, especially if we can drag and drop trash carts into disposals quick and easy.
supporting this. though some things should still be manually placed into the disposal units, I think this is a great idea.
Give the disposal unit a vacuum cleaner mode that sucks up all small items in an area as it goes.
Embolism Wrote:Give the disposal unit a vacuum cleaner mode that sucks up all small items in an area as it goes.
I like this idea too! emagging it should make it pull in more than trash...