Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Make traitors PDA Immune to the Detonamatrix
Imagine the following scenario, it's about 5 minutes into a shift, you're thinking what gimmick you're going to do as a traitor, when suddenly, boom, your PDA explodes, you didn't use any of your TC, you have essentially become a hard mode traitor and any gimmick you could come up with involving traitor items is out of the window.  surprised fat and sassy space-bee

Making it so detonamatrix doesn't affect traitors PDAs would remove such a frustrating scenario.

Also, it's a bit weird that an item created by the syndicate would allow you to sabotage a fellow syndicate agent so easily.

As to how the rework would work, my suggestion is something like, traitor PDAs can't be targeted by the detonamatrix, or maybe they can be targeted, but they don't explode, and it doesn't consume any use of the detonamatrix if you try to explode a fellow traitor's PDA.

Of course this is just my opinion and silly ideas, completely open to any suggestions, I hope a coder picks this up and tries to PR it or something, because good lord, is it annoying to "lose" your traitor/spy shift because your PDA is gone to a fellow antagonist.

space bear
Not a bad one.. but here's the thing.

"Traitors and Spy's aren't always allies."

Especially Spy's. They are infact fighting eachother most of the time for supplies and objectives.
It is quite common the Spy A has "Protect Mark B at all costs."
While Spy B has "Kill Mark B at all costs"

Traitors on the other hand are more free to go about to being their own antagonist to anyone, even fellow traitors.
It's why traitor rounds are so fun and dynamic. Since every traitor does their own thing.
So blowing up another ones PDA should be fine to handicap them...

If anything.. Traitors/spy's should have a way to gain a new PDA with black market access or use their headset as a back up.
That is the better fix then: "Detomatrix everyone till you find your fellow traitors meta"

So rather then making traitor PDA's immune. Have ways to get replacements wich is a set back.
This would also be an indirect buff for traitors/spy's if security steals their PDA.
If you get traitor just remember to immediately turn off your messaging
I like this idea, but I'm definitely more in favor of the latter suggestion where it still sends. I think it should also cost a TC as to not reveal the other traitor.
Once we finally gave spiefs and traitors listening post access like freaking sleeper agents, we could make carl sell replacement uplinks.
I'd like this idea but idk how to implement it because you'd be able to suss out other traitors if their bomb didn't go off
(11-08-2023, 03:30 PM)Angel Wrote: Imagine the following scenario, it's about 5 minutes into a shift, you're thinking what gimmick you're going to do as a traitor, when suddenly, boom, your PDA explodes, you didn't use any of your TC, you have essentially become a hard mode traitor and any gimmick you could come up with involving traitor items is out of the window.  surprised fat and sassy space-bee

Making it so detonamatrix doesn't affect traitors PDAs would remove such a frustrating scenario.

Also, it's a bit weird that an item created by the syndicate would allow you to sabotage a fellow syndicate agent so easily.

As to how the rework would work, my suggestion is something like, traitor PDAs can't be targeted by the detonamatrix, or maybe they can be targeted, but they don't explode, and it doesn't consume any use of the detonamatrix if you try to explode a fellow traitor's PDA.

Of course this is just my opinion and silly ideas, completely open to any suggestions, I hope a coder picks this up and tries to PR it or something, because good lord, is it annoying to "lose" your traitor/spy shift because your PDA is gone to a fellow antagonist.

space bear

If I'm not wrong, lorewise the syndicate is more of an alliance of different organizations rather than a single entity, therefore some agents may want to hinder other agents if they have a contradicting objectives. I'd opt for letting agents choose between having different types of uplinks, if you're paranoid about having your PDA blown up you could always just choose to have a different way to order your gear. This would also reduce security just snooping thru PDAs to get spief bounty knowledge or seeing how much TC you've used up/have left (yes I know it's a skill issue to not lock up a PDA after using it, but it happens very often to most people).

I'd love to be able to have either inconspicuous or ridiculous items used as uplinks, hope this may get added.
(11-09-2023, 05:19 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: If you get traitor just remember to immediately turn off your messaging

The issue with is that remembering to do it everytime XD

Also PDA messaging can be extremely useful for traitors/spies, such as communicating with others, setting up a trap with your target by messaging em via pda instead of radio so other people don't hear it, and probably some other uses I can't think of because I'm not creative.

(11-09-2023, 08:54 AM)Solwra Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 03:30 PM)Angel Wrote: Imagine the following scenario, it's about 5 minutes into a shift, you're thinking what gimmick you're going to do as a traitor, when suddenly, boom, your PDA explodes, you didn't use any of your TC, you have essentially become a hard mode traitor and any gimmick you could come up with involving traitor items is out of the window.  surprised fat and sassy space-bee

space bear

If I'm not wrong, lorewise the syndicate is more of an alliance of different organizations rather than a single entity, therefore some agents may want to hinder other agents if they have a contradicting objectives. I'd opt for letting agents choose between having different types of uplinks, if you're paranoid about having your PDA blown up you could always just choose to have a different way to order your gear. This would also reduce security just snooping thru PDAs to get spief bounty knowledge or seeing how much TC you've used up/have left (yes I know it's a skill issue to not lock up a PDA after using it, but it happens very often to most people).

I'd love to be able to have either inconspicuous or ridiculous items used as uplinks, hope this may get added.

Honestly, yeah I would love to be able to use the headset uplink without having to take stoway, would be alot more insteresting and fun if you could use other items as uplinks.
(11-09-2023, 08:13 AM)Cal Wrote: I'd like this idea but idk how to implement it because you'd be able to suss out other traitors if their bomb didn't go off

maybe still have an explosion but the PDA stays intact? could still check to see if they have their PDA but it wouldn't be as readily apparent I suppose.
(11-09-2023, 08:56 PM)Fuppy Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 08:13 AM)Cal Wrote: I'd like this idea but idk how to implement it because you'd be able to suss out other traitors if their bomb didn't go off

maybe still have an explosion but the PDA stays intact? could still check to see if they have their PDA but it wouldn't be as readily apparent I suppose.

That could be worse, outing the traitor to the crew

I honestly like the idea of needing to re-download the traitor software onto a new PDA. You slow down any enemy traitors by removing their pda and potentially seriously injuring them, but you can't take them out of the game 5 minutes into a round because you got lucky.