Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buff Omnizine
Omnizine is hard to get in large quantities as it is. Removing the overdose and addiction would make it a rare, powerful, sought-after cure-(nearly)-all chemical instead of a curiosity or something to grief people with by hypospraying them with tons of it.
rulib Wrote:Omnizine is hard to get in large quantities as it is.
Not really.
rulib Wrote:Removing the overdose and addiction would make it a rare, powerful, sought-after cure-(nearly)-all chemical instead of a curiosity or something to grief people with by hypospraying them with tons of it.
Dear god no!
There's a very good reason overdoses were added.
rulib Wrote:Omnizine is hard to get in large quantities as it is. .

Once you know the secret of it, it isn't. At all.

Omnizine seems fine at the moment, I'd like to see the speed of healing buffed a little bit, but really as it stands its fine. I still remember when trico was a thing... With the health system changes if it was possible to huff down buckets of omnizine without stunning yourself than you would be invincible and that's NO GOOD
Quote:Omnizine is hard to get in large quantities as it is. Removing the overdose and addiction would make it a rare, powerful, sought-after cure-(nearly)-all chemical instead of a curiosity or something to grief people with by hypospraying them with tons of it.

No.
The reason the whole medical shit was changed was due to the fact that tricord sucked ass. Easy to make, easy to apply, never any reason to chose other medicines over it bar anti-poisons.
Now, Omnizine, while even more robust than tricord, is now "difficult" to get, and requires to be taken in small doses. An assload of omnizine will save someones whos all sorts of fucked up life, if they get addiction afterwards, well, who the fuck cares, you're alive.

The overdose i'm neutral on. 30 units in the body constitutes will overdose you. What is an overdose anyway? Do you die or just get stunned?

Oh, this reminds me, do you know what IS easy to make, and heals really well, and has no downside? Synthflesh of course.
Why doesn't synthflesh have any downside, at all? Applying synthflesh should slow down the user to walking speed for a few cycles, due to the fact that it is "drying in"
Sundance Wrote:
Quote:Omnizine is hard to get in large quantities as it is. Removing the overdose and addiction would make it a rare, powerful, sought-after cure-(nearly)-all chemical instead of a curiosity or something to grief people with by hypospraying them with tons of it.

No.
The reason the whole medical shit was changed was due to the fact that tricord sucked ass. Easy to make, easy to apply, never any reason to chose other medicines over it bar anti-poisons.
Now, Omnizine, while even more robust than tricord, is now "difficult" to get, and requires to be taken in small doses. An assload of omnizine will save someones whos all sorts of fucked up life, if they get addiction afterwards, well, who the fuck cares, you're alive.

The overdose i'm neutral on. 30 units in the body constitutes will overdose you. What is an overdose anyway? Do you die or just get stunned?

Oh, this reminds me, do you know what IS easy to make, and heals really well, and has no downside? Synthflesh of course.
Why doesn't synthflesh have any downside, at all? Applying synthflesh should slow down the user to walking speed for a few cycles, due to the fact that it is "drying in"
I know one effect of Omnizine OD is that you can "Twitch" everyonce in awhile and that stuns you for longer than a damn stun baton. Shit is horrible but thats a reason not to OD.
Yeah, omnizine overdose, for those not aware, kicks in at 30+ and causes debilitating and repeated stunning from spasms ect. HOWEVER it still heals just as effectively during this time... Basically if you wanna use omnizine for robusting purposes keep a real close eye on your bloodstream and for the love of god take some meth or something.