Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow 40mm Grenade Launchers to be put inside security belts OR make a new belt
As it currently stands, if you want to use the 40mm grenade launcher with Smoke and Paintshot when you are playing security, it's a bit of a pain! 

Neither the Launcher itself nor the rounds will fit onto your belt. I feel like it would be more convenient if they were allowed to go onto the belt. As for balance, things get a little complicated, as someone could stock up on grenade launcher ammo and have 30 shots of fairly high damage rounds. Additionally, allowing tasers and the launcher to be stored in the same belt feels a little unbalanced to me. However, grenade launcher ammo can be hard to come by, especially for non-security personnel. A possible solution would be a new item: A belt with a bit less space but lets you put the grenade launcher and ammo inside of it. 

What are your thoughts?
From what I can tell, the riot launcher is the same size item as a taser. I see no reason not to allow a riot launcher to fit into a holster the same way a taser SMG would be able to.

As for the rounds, I'm not so sure. I do agree that stocking an entire security belt and backpack full of shells would be a little broken. A possible solution is to allow shells to be individually taken out of their cases and have them be stored in the belt, while the backpack can retain holding capacity for the full case.

As for the belt, would it be only limited to security access or weapon tokens? Would it be locked behind the armory? Would it be open with the riot launcher?
I kinda think paint rounds should come in a dedicated paintball gun and not do damage
(10-16-2023, 12:17 PM)Zhail Wrote: ...As for the belt, would it be only limited to security access or weapon tokens? Would it be locked behind the armory? Would it be open with the riot launcher?

In my ideal world, it would be bundled with the paintshot.  If it sits in the armory- good lord it will never see any use.
The launcher fits in your backpack.
(10-16-2023, 12:18 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: I kinda think paint rounds should come in a dedicated paintball gun and not do damage

Agreed, I love using paint round for RP, but because I need to use the dang riot launcher.. some people have problems with it.
It also does damage and is slow
The paint shells should just be throwable sponge things
(10-17-2023, 06:41 PM)Cal Wrote: The paint shells should just be throwable sponge things
But Paint rounds are a thing for 40mm launchers
https://www.defense-technology.com/produ...oam-round/

What if the grenade launcher swapped between 1 hand and 2 hand between firing and reloading, 2 hand for shooting (a 40mm launcher has a bit of kick) and 1 hand for storing/reloading
https://medium.com/navigo/japan-s-anti-c...9eff431170

Yes and the direct inspiration is a thrown ball
Let's be real... paint rounds on grenade launchers shouldn't be just a 1 target thing. It's suppose to paint a crowd but it doesn't.

So making them throwable balls is 100% fine.. or make it so you don't need to use the riot launcher but something else.
(10-18-2023, 04:53 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Let's be real... paint rounds on grenade launchers shouldn't be just a 1 target thing. It's suppose to paint a crowd but it doesn't.

So making them throwable balls is 100% fine.. or make it so you don't need to use the riot launcher but something else.

Paint rounds are supposed to mark a single target in a crowd, not explode in a blast of paint
(10-19-2023, 07:33 PM)mralexs Wrote:
(10-18-2023, 04:53 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Let's be real... paint rounds on grenade launchers shouldn't be just a 1 target thing. It's suppose to paint a crowd but it doesn't.

Paint rounds are supposed to mark a single target in a crowd, not explode in a blast of paint

THEN WHY MAKE IT AMMO FOR A WEAPON THAT SPECIALIZES IN AOE?!

I know it does.. wich is why I agree with Cal's suggestion >_>