Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blunderbuss Surplus Crate Item
Comes in a box like a safari suit or bowling kit and can only be acquired in a surplus crate.

In the box you get:
1 x Blunderbuss
1 x Powder bag
5 x Lead shot

The blunderbuss is a gun but it works a little different in that it rewards the crafty and experimental. To load if you put chemicals into it, normally from the powder bag, which is a 100 unit reagent container full of black powder, it holds 15 units but you can use less powder but it means less damage / pain at the business end.

After that you stick ammo in, The lead shot you get by default with a 15 unit load is equal to a traitor shotgun round, nasty stuff, if you can dig your ball out you can even reuse it.

But the blunderbuss is more than a shotgun, see why stop at firing lead shot? The wide barrel can hold all sorts of wonderful things, cutlery, glass shards, limbs, brains, glasswear, glasses full of chems, a bowling ball, explosive tomatos and more. You can cram multiple objects down the barrel and fill a hallway with very sorry bodies...

But that's not all, see you don't need to use black powder, though it is quite efficient. Why not use something spicier, like erebrite, or if you run out of powder making pipebombs to shove down the barrel and launch at people with enough force to lodge in their ribcages you can try weaker combustibles like welding fuel

The damage would be based on the explosive propellant and object weight, but a few items would have flags that would allow them to do other things. Sharp, wide projectiles like saws, knives, cyalume sabers and the like would be able to delimb on top of their damage, piercing items like rods and forks would stick into people easier (but not exclusively~) there's endless maiming potential in your blunderbuss! Be wise though, there's /endless/ maiming potential in your blunderbuss.
See this idea I like. I've always loved blunderbusses and I would love one in the game. I know people are going to be like, "Oh but we have something like that called the Rock It Launcher!" but a blunderbuss is not the same. It's loud as fuck and knocks people on their asses. I would love to see this added in the game.
KikiMofo Wrote:See this idea I like. I've always loved blunderbusses and I would love one in the game. I know people are going to be like, "Oh but we have something like that called the Rock It Launcher!" but a blunderbuss is not the same. It's loud as fuck and knocks people on their asses. I would love to see this added in the game.
Since when did we have Rock-It Launchers? Also, yeah, blunderbusses (blunderbi?) sound cool, although I think being able to shoot ~anything you want~ would be a bit far for a renaissance-era shotgun.
Chike101 Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:See this idea I like. I've always loved blunderbusses and I would love one in the game. I know people are going to be like, "Oh but we have something like that called the Rock It Launcher!" but a blunderbuss is not the same. It's loud as fuck and knocks people on their asses. I would love to see this added in the game.
Since when did we have Rock-It Launchers? Also, yeah, blunderbusses (blunderbi?) sound cool, although I think being able to shoot ~anything you want~ would be a bit far for a renaissance-era shotgun.
Yeah we have a Rock-It Launcher somewhere. I only know about one but I don't know where to get it. Anyway I think we should be only able to stuff things that fit in a back pack into the blunderbuss. I mean you can't just shove a damn chair in the thing but most things that fit in backpacks would be good.

Also an addition if you put a beaker item, beaker assembly or a grenade or pipe bomb it should go off when it hits something(or in the case of a beaker item it should splash all contents on what it hits). That would be awesome just making pipebombs and launching the damn things everywhere.
EMP gernades become less useless with this.

Now you can fire emp gernades at people along with various shards and rods and they can't cry for help over the radio.
Chike101 Wrote:

Maybe, but who cares?

Besides using glass and cutlery was a thing they did with old-school black powder weapons for reals, it's not completely out of the realm of possiblity.

Although there would be size limits, you can't launch backpacks or toolboxes or transfer bombs or other large items.
citation needed on the 'shooting cutlery' thing though v
Make it so that if you put a vuvuzela in it it blows the vuvuzela super loud, destroying it in the process, along with the hearing of everyone nearby (including the user).
Motherest Of Fuckers Wrote:citation needed on the 'shooting cutlery' thing though v

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_ ... of_Batoche
Motherest Of Fuckers Wrote:citation needed on the 'shooting cutlery' thing though v

Out of a blunderbuss? Rocks probably, if you ran out of buckshot, but probably not cutlery.
hatmadder Wrote:

Out of a blunderbuss? Rocks probably, if you ran out of buckshot, but probably not cutlery.

Cutlery, rocks, nails, and various other bits and pieces of random stuff were occasionally used in canister shot fired from cannons, when proper grapeshot was unavailable or had run out.

It was apparently quite deadly at close range, but due to the irregular shape of the projectiles, the shot patterns became very wide and unpredictable at longer ranges.

Oh, and +1 to the blunderbuss ingame. There should be a small (5%) chance that it fails to fire though, and would have to be re-cocked.