Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reorganize the misc and combat filter text options
Before I describe the issue I have with the filter text, I should define what I consider as "action" text: "X attacks X!", "X tries to inject/draw from X!", "X slips on a banana peel!", etc.  This would fall under the "misc" category instead of "combat", and it would mix with inspection and announcement texts.  For some reason, any text that involves attacking another mob such as shooting a skeleton with a shotgun, does not appear under combat text but instead in the misc text; the only text I have seen so far that is categorized as combat is "X hits [item] with [item]".

This can lead to the chat logs easily flooding if one does not have the misc filter disabled, which so happens to have the inspection and announcement text that I want to keep. To which, I use these to know the current condition and equipment of the person, as well as to know what important events are announced by the AI, captain, centcom, etc.

I am not sure how difficult this may be to transfer these specific action text under the combat filter.  If this type of text does get reorganized, I would be so grateful to not have a huge wall of text during combat, and possibly miss an important message through comms: especially during an ion storm event with a bunch of hallucinations attacking the core.
Misc is just everything without an assigned chat filter class. It should be a fairly simple project to add the combat class to some of the stuff that should have it.