Complaint Language Warning Question
Title: Language Warning Question

Admin: Unsure

Server: Goon 1

Hi, I received a language warning from an Admin and I just had some questions about it. This language warning was for what I thought was a fairly harmless dick joke. The joke (I may get the exact words wrong, as I don't have the logs) was: "We're just discussing his micro penis issues". 

The warning I received wasn't very clear on exactly what rule was broken, so that's why I am posting here. I've re-read the rules and I can't pinpoint exactly what the admin might have had a problem with. My joke doesn't contain any "gendered slurs". I also think it would be a real stretch to consider it sexual content, as it wasn't erotic by nature. I honestly think the bit was fairly tame in the grand scheme of things, and I see much harsher language regularly on the server.

Would love some clarification on this.

Thank you!
You should never have to mention a penis in this game. You should also never have to say that you are talking about someone else's penis. This is a violation of rule 4. Hopefully this clears things up for you.
(10-14-2023, 07:53 AM)Adhara In Space Wrote: You should never have to mention a penis in this game. You should also never have to say that you are talking about someone else's penis. This is a violation of rule 4. Hopefully this clears things up for you.

So, the mention of the word "penis" is forbidden? How about "asshole"? I've seen admins use "asshole".
Asshole referring to a person e.g., "you're such an asshole" is okay

Asshole referring to the body part is probably not. It would depend on context.

Use your best judgement. We cannot and will not write you an exhaustive list of every word or combination of words will get you in trouble; you are, ostensibly, old enough to determine the vibes for yourself.
Also in case you feel this is an invitation to debate this further: it isn't. You were warned, you know not to do it in the future, you can move on. If you have any further questions, please feel free to adminhelp in game and we can answer them there.
Amazing. Well thank you very much admins. In the future I will only ever call people penises and refrain of mentioning the anatomical body part.
(10-14-2023, 09:00 AM)Heek40 Wrote: Amazing. Well thank you very much admins. In the future I will only ever call people penises and refrain of mentioning the anatomical body part.

Just because you still seem to be misinformed, you also should not call people penises like you are implying in this response. If you have any further questions about whether or not you are allowed to say a specific thing, please ask in adminhelp before saying it in game.
Ah I see. Thank you for the clarification. I suppose that would make referring to someone as a dick a bannable offense too. It sounds like the other admin might disagree with you there, but I’ll let you two sort that out internally.

I’ll make sure to admin help for any future confusion. Thanks again folks.