Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Make the lings neurotoxic sting mute others
Hello!

As the title suggest I think the changelings neurotoxic sting should make others unable to speak.
Mostly because if you get stinged you can just shout "HELP" in the comms and a security guy will whoop the lings ass within seconds as long as the AI locates him while feeding on you, or starts a manhunt and you have no time or chance to change disguise.

I think this would be a reasonable addition, especially since it fits within the whole "neurotoxic sting gives you brain damage" thing too, I don't think it would be to farfetched that it disables your speech.

Alternatively, you could have separate sting that mutes others, making it easier to use the neurotoxic sting afterwards.

Some might disagree and just tell me I'm bad at the game, which I most likely am, but I still think it is a good idea.

After you've been muted, any attempt to speak could end up with a text saying "You try to say something, but you just exhale" or whatever, Open for debate.

Thanks for reading!
I don't know, the sting is already fairly powerful. Plus you can always use your ling abilities to change identities.
Make it an ability that costs 11 DNA points. So you can't just absorb someone and mute someone else to do the same.
Lings really do not need any more buffs, a capable ling can very easily wipe out an entire station.

Also honestly 90% of the fun of ling rounds comes from the cat-and-mouse game when the station is on to the ling, and the ling is trying to shake off suspicion. They have methods of changing other people's identities, mimicking others on the radio, turning people into other people and so on, and it's great fun when the ling uses all of those to their full effect. On low-pop rounds it's already fairly easy to pick off isolated people without ever getting caught the entire round 50% of the time, and when you do get caught another half the time nobody actually cares. I don't think lings need another tool for getting away with their crimes undetected.
The neurotoxic sting isn't supposed to be a 100% infallible way to catch a person. If we wanted something like that, we would still have acid spit's old method of instantly knocking someone out instead of how it now just melts headgear quickly. The fact that it's silent is the counter balance against its chance of failure. If you're careful enough, even if someone realizes that they've been stung, they won't know who stung them. If they start making a ruckus over the radio and there are people near by, then its generally best to just abandon trying eat them. Interestingly enough, people tend to be really quiet about being stung by lings, possibly because by the time they realize they're stung, they don't have the time to mash out a cry for help.
Perfluorodecalin can be put into hypos. I've never seen a ling use this, but you don't really see lings care about stealth these days.

If all you want to do is win then grab a couple tasers (destroy the rest) and make a couple killing zones by exposing a few areas to space. You're mostly safe after you take care of security level individuals. The key is to run if you're in trouble. Greed is the number one cause of ling death.
A fun thing to do is sting someone in a big group, preferably while disguised, and then leave before the effects take place. Let them get suspicious of the other people there
Yeah no the sting is already powerful making it mute people would be overkill. Just sting them wait for them to go down and remove their headset it's literally what I do every single time.