Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please change how rituals are accessed
I never really liked how they were accessed, and after multiple years of how you access them not changing it doenst seem particularly likely to change soon.

I dislike it because it's both the only system that provides you mechanical benefits from [BLANK] and also the only system that prevents new or less active players from interacting with it, with their only option if they wanted to interact with it being playing command a billion rounds in a row (and I don't like feeling like I have to play captain this round so I'm able to muck with the funny magic quicker) or asking for donations of [BLANK] 
(I was tired of someone asking for [BLANK] donations every other round in previous years and I'm still tired of it)

now to my knowledge this current method was meant to be temporary and that the true permanent method of accessing it would be released eventually (which is fine, take your time) but we've gone multiple years without its full release so for the time being I'd prefer a new temporary method of accessing the ritual system.

I'm partial to the idea of the chaplain starting with all the necessary tools (with a certain key piece being infinite instead of finite) just because it seems like it'd take the least effort to implement and 9 time out of the 10 the chaplain either is among the ritualists or is dragged along by the ritualists. But any method that doesn't require [BLANK] would probably be fine with me. (And while a large part of me would like it if rituals were a year-round thing, it being exclusive to October still is completely fine.)

By the way, sorry if the complaints from this rant have all been brought up a thousand times before, I couldn't find anything like this posted on the forums before and decided to post them here on the off chance it's changed. Happy spooktober everyone
I always want rituals to be an intergral part of the game then just "October restricted"
I mean, we need spacebux sinks.

People run around with 100000+ Spacebux. I think if you ask for like 5k, people won't deny giving them to you.
(10-02-2023, 08:07 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: I mean, we need spacebux sinks.

People run around with 100000+ Spacebux. I think if you ask for like 5k, people won't deny giving them to you.

Issue with spacebux is that they are exclusively used for silly/minor things like the spacebux rewards. Having spacebux give an advantage feels out of place and ruins a bunch of purchases cause why would you spend your spacebux on those? This system also negatively impacts players who don't play very often because they wont have much spacebux to do rituals with despite being a member of the community.
(10-02-2023, 03:19 PM)unfunnyperson Wrote: Issue with spacebux is that they are exclusively used for silly/minor things like the spacebux rewards.

Well, that's the reason why noone uses them and they are worth absolutely nothing. You identified the problem.
(10-02-2023, 11:43 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 03:19 PM)unfunnyperson Wrote: Issue with spacebux is that they are exclusively used for silly/minor things like the spacebux rewards.

Well, that's the reason why noone uses them and they are worth absolutely nothing. You identified the problem.

I always considered spacebux to be a bit like a high score, it isnt meant to meaningful or useful, its just a fun number that you can decrease a bit to get a funny cosmetic thing (thats part of why mechanically useful spacebux rewards like the food synth have been removed)
As someone who has just learned of the existence of rituals this year.I really REALLY despise having to use spacebux to access them.Just....why? Its such a fun mechanic I would love to spend the entire month perfecting but it seems I cant do it at a pace im comfortable with because of the use of spacebux for its access.

Spacebux is not even supposed to give you an advantage in the round. Every purchase is either a skin for you or to give a part of the station.So why even have spacebux a requirement to even do rituals???

Now Im not sure if what im about to said is exactly true but.I kinda feel that they made the willing choice for it to be spacebux so that people just do not have enough to be able to learn all the sygils rad combinations , or at least not by themselves , because I know ( even with my limited 1 day knowledge of sygils,mind you I spend almost half of my spacebux that day ) the effects a good spell can have on the station.

Then again all of that is just some mild speculation I just came with after a 5 minute introspection when reading the title.

I think I lost track of what was important. Yes,please.Change how to access sygils
i'm 50/50. spacebux actually being minorly game-changing for 1 role, for 1 month of the year, is probably fine.

i'd much rather there was a less obtuse way to go about buying the stuff though. rng hates me and many others.
I agree with the "hi-score" point, to me the spacebux I have feels earnt, like "this is how much you have done" kinda stuff. Perhaps not the most meaningful but I prefer to keep it to see how far I've come with playing the game. Certainly not a fan of dumping it all to play with a mechanic once a year.
I once again like to suggest being able to buy the certain holiday items from a merchant or spacebux to use them.

But for rituals.. now normal credits can be used too or organs.