Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New Herb - Sage
I think that Sage should be added as an Herb to Botany. 

Chemically I think it should contain something akin to Lavender Essence, where it gives a pleasant aroma, maybe a small buff, can be added to food etc. 

It's main use would be to be processed into rolls, which then can be smoked like incense to make a cloud of gas that harms "supernatural" type creatures in a cloud proportionate to Potency that last proportionate to endurance 

It would be an interesting weapon to use against wraith. 

What do you guys think? Very Idea-Man but I thought it was a decent enough idea to post. 

Could even make a super-anti-supernatural secret chem using it, holy water, and perhaps some other fun things.

By supernatural I mean

Wraith
Werewolves
Wizards
Mob Skeletons/Ghosts
Vampires
Etc
This isn't something I think should be added to the game as it falls into the realm of cultural appropriation, specifically with regards to the practice as performed by Native Americans.
That's entirely fair
I think with some different flavoring and would maybe work in a better way.

Incense and herbs were used to dispell ghosts and other beings through multiple cultures in history, including the middle ages. I think there are enough dead cultures to get inspired from without falling into non-productive political debates.

Then again, ganeplay-wise, i think botany got enough access to supernatural defense. They got garlic for vampires, salted oats for wraiths and wolfsbane for werewolves.

We should look at other departments and look what we could add to them in aiding the fight.
I hate sage, worst herb of all time.

That being said, I do like the idea. Not because of all the mumbo-jumbo about supernatural shit, but rather I'd like herbs and spices to play a bigger role in both botany and kitchen. It would be cool if botany was used for more things regularly (besides weed of course). So I'm all for adding new herbs, stuff like thyme, rosemary, basil, or cilantro.

These should be used to enhance dishes, or even be a central ingredient in some. Basically, better food with herbs, but without herbs it's still the same as now.
I know this may sound silly...

But insted of Sage or something else.

Call it "Space Herbs"

Description: "Herbs from space used in various ways, has many mutations."
And then just have it have mutations for specific uses.

Including for spiritual stuff.
It won't remove the "other herbs" but will simply be a "catch all" herb used for various reasons and easy to grow.
After all.. if NT finds a herb type that can be grown easily... and has various uses... they will grow and sell it.
(09-27-2023, 04:41 AM)Glamurio Wrote: These should be used to enhance dishes, or even be a central ingredient in some. Basically, better food with herbs, but without herbs it's still the same as now.

let's hold our horses there and do a cooking overhaul first lol