Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"Overtime" Shifts.
So after a short debate on general upon what people think of LONG SHIFTS OF RP vs THE NOW SHORTER SHIFTS OF RP and if Classic would like it.
The overall conseunse is "No. Shifts are fine as they are, but sometimes I wish we could get an extention to finish our things or enjoy the fruits of our labor."

So to guage more info, I recommended: "An overtime game mode" as possiblity for a way that people know it's a full on shift where people can reap the rewards of taking their time, but at the same time... when the shift timer is up, the shuttle comes in and NO ONE CAN RECALL IT. When it's shuttle time, it's shuttle time, deal with it.

But in that debate someone said: "I wouldn't mind using the voting booth or vote system to "vote for an overtime shift" (It was Dhiaburt)

Wich is where this suggestion comes in.
Sure you can always ask the captain to recall the shuttle but that ain't guranteed at all...
But what if players unitely agree: "Yea let's have a longer shift so we can do more complex and crazy things and enjoy it. Like a water slide bar!"

Remember the idea is... People will KNOW and VOTE for a longer round. And when you late join it will say "OVERTIME" so you know it's a longer shift.

What do players think of this? 

PS:
Yes, this applies both to Classic and RP.
Yes, I think this can have only specific antags or no antags at all.
Yes, you can still call the shuttle if the round has to end early, you can stil recall it, but when it reaches overtime, recall is impossible.
Yes, it needs over 50% of the vote to even start (maybe a higher threshold like 70%)

Addiontal ideas:
- Add an overtime manager job that has tools and ways to make overtime more fun.
If heads are doing shuttle votes and the such, it's because they are chill and know that behind the screen there are other players.
But when in comes to introducing a game mechanic, NT isn't a democracy, never was, and it would seem very odd to me if NT was letting people vote on stuff like overtime.
(Also people would still just call the shuttle early, due to getting very tired, and if the majority is needed this system wouldn't really change anything imo)
you are just describing a round on the "extended" game mode. you are describing an extended round but taking away player agency to vote to end or extend it. this is objectively less player-accommodating than something that is already in the game
(09-23-2023, 09:39 AM)Waffleloffle Wrote: you are just describing a round on the "extended" game mode. you are describing an extended round but taking away player agency to vote to end or extend it. this is objectively less player-accommodating than something that is already in the game

Extended doesnt spawn antags I saw this one coming.

As for democracy? We have a voting booth people...
But this is why a "vote next round to be an overtime" to be known.

Also the reason we ain't doing extended is because OVERTIME will tell players right from the get go, hey it's the longer round without cap having to recall shuttle.

Yea it's very minor.. but it's why I put this suggestion HERE and NOT general.. since general is the talk about if we want longer rounds.