Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
QM/Trader Pricing Thread
(09-27-2023, 05:01 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: Perhaps reimplement the stock market thing that can print off things like "ROBOTICS MANUFACTURER GOES BUST", basically saying 'robotic parts will be desirable'. Having second half of the trading cycle contain news flashes that foreshadow what will be hot next. Then when you're finished spending the first 5 minutes selling your previous efforts, you get 5 minutes of watching the trade bulletin.

Then, you can look at disabling certain trades based off of this. Robotics shortage? No prosthetic crates. Ideally the things that get disabled are solely things that the station can build themselves.

(09-27-2023, 07:43 AM)Kotlol Wrote: If anything, the QM should have some effect on the market... 
But as the system is now it's impossible to do so since it's all in infinite quantities (cept the traders)
It would require limit quanities and such to get QMs to do anything with that kinda trade, thus an overhaul of the system.

My ideal would be something like this, where the market is actually several companies who produce the items you're able to purchase. A mining company would introduce more ores, a robotics company would introduce more parts etc.

All the companies would need things to produce their products, like raw materials or equipment, which they would get from the station and NPC merchants, who would buy from one source and sell to another

Station and merchants can buy and sell to the market, or trade among each other.

Prices adjust to how much was over or under produced, with some random and situational events happening to the companies like equipment breaking, lay offs, bankruptcy and mergers etc to keep everyone on their toes
A couple pieces of feedback on some Commodities
- Laser guns only giving 2400 seems a bit low. It should probably be in line with the energy gun at 5000, since they both provide a lot of utility. Maybe they should even both be bumped up to 7200. I don't see myself ever selling an energy/laser gun for 5000 when I could just kill with it.
- Skulls should probably be put more in-line with the other body part limb prices. 5000 seems excessive
Are there any plans to make the value of stuff increase with its quality if that isnt already a thing
Specifically Botany plants and Gemstones
(10-03-2023, 04:42 AM)CrystalClover Wrote: Are there any plans to make the value of stuff increase with its quality if that isnt already a thing
Specifically Botany plants and Gemstones

I think ore quality-removal is on the todo list of a few people and botany quality is mostly fluff at this point (except jumbo fruits). I don't think pumping potency to improve market prices is good if already the most optimal thing to do.