Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reduce Default Shift Extension Length
Right now, a shift extension will set the next auto-call at 45 minutes (the default round length divided by 2). 

That level of additional commitment does not seem to be communicated to players anywhere in-game. I don’t think it needs to be explicitly stated if the default were a bit shorter; 20 or 30 minutes seem like more ‘reasonable’ default extension lengths to me.

Happy to PR, but want to hear what y’all think.
not opposed, but I also think that a shift that's inclined to extend is also probably inclined to call the shuttle again manually when said extension runs a little long
Agree with waffle, since you have to manually go out of your way to increase shift time, it means you already have the knowledge to call the shuttle as well. I'm not against the PR, I just don't think it's necessary whatsoever.
I also think a shift that extends the time is likely to call the shuttle explicitly when the time comes. But also I don't care whether it's 20 minutes or 45 minutes so PR whatever you think it's best for the game.
Since I started a discussion on general saying what do people think of longer rounds of old and if classic wants longer rounds...

I can say this:
I am fine with 30 mins. It is just the right amount. 45 is abit much to be honest.
I personally think its fine as-is. It's hella annoying to keep recalling the shuttle when something important is happening.