Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Adds a new salvager weapon: The Makeshift Laser Rifle
Reduced wire amount on repair/build to 10 wires

Replaced the glass sheets step with a step to add a lens from a different device
What device the lens was removed from changes damage
A flashlight (14 damage)
A camera (16 damage)
A flash (18 damage)
(09-17-2023, 10:26 AM)unfunnyperson Wrote: Reduced wire amount on repair/build to 10 wires

Replaced the glass sheets step with a step to add a lens from a different device
What device the lens was removed from changes damage
A flashlight (14 damage)
A camera (16 damage)
A flash (18 damage)

I really like the device solution for this, makes it feel like you're throwing together whatever parts you get your hands on
We should add the PTL as a dissassembly part for fun.
Cargo could order a new lens and parts for it.

But the PTL lens would probably do a lot of damage and set people on fire, but it would instantly set the gun on fire, firing again would blow it up on the user.

And now finally traitors have a reason to do something against the PTL.
(09-17-2023, 12:59 PM)Kotlol Wrote: We should add the PTL as a dissassembly part for fun.
Cargo could order a new lens and parts for it.

But the PTL lens would probably do a lot of damage and set people on fire, but it would instantly set the gun on fire, firing again would blow it up on the user.

And now finally traitors have a reason to do something against the PTL.

While this would be funny the first few times, staffies destroying the PTL to build a death ray every round would get old really quick
can you use matsci lenses in this? might be a balance nightmare but it'd be nice to use more matsci nanofab bits and bobs for stuff
(09-16-2023, 03:31 AM)Cal Wrote: Needs to be able to be worn on back

Dunno if you did this yet but it's standard for most player obtainable two handed guns now
(09-19-2023, 02:26 AM)Cal Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 03:31 AM)Cal Wrote: Needs to be able to be worn on back

Dunno if you did this yet but it's standard for most player obtainable two handed guns now

They can be worn on back, just forgot to mention it in the pr.
rad, ty
(09-17-2023, 09:21 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: can you use matsci lenses in this? might be a balance nightmare but it'd be nice to use more matsci nanofab bits and bobs for stuff

added
WTH the sprite looks way too badass to be a makeshift weapon /j, it's so good!
Now that matsci lenses are compatible, I wonder if there's a need for makeshift lenses still. What if cutting cameras/flashlight directly gave you a matsci lens with the desired reflectivity?
With a good artefact cell and bespoke lense, this thing could be a menace. I love it.

The downsides seem pretty fair too. You get okay damage, but its a pain to reload, might fry in your hands and is pretty much impossible to hide.
A wonderfully devilish idea. Ive been thinking about other makeshift weapons as well and have been making some concepts on my own. Doubt Ill post any of them, but ya know. Cool idea there pal, I hope this grows into something amazing.