Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Make Ling Regeneration Fail if on Fire.
Since security (besides detective and HOS) no longer has access to crematorium on RP, it's generated a lot of talk about disposal of lings. An idea LadyGeartheart had seemed pretty neat to me: make it so that if a ling is on fire when the full-heal from the regenerative state should activate, it is instead nullified. That, or make it impossible to activate while on fire. 

To me, the pros of this are: 
- Lings are now more afraid of fire (funny, will probably lead to fun moments).
- Lings can be more reliably gotten rid of by the crew (who normally don't have access to the crematorium anyways).

There are cons imo though:
- Way easier to shut down a ling's round: just make a flamethrower and spam it at the ling with assurance they wont get back up
- It's a full negation of a built-in ability (might feel kinda shitty to die just because some staffie hit you with a lighter special attack.).
- I don't really play sec, so I have no idea if lings getting back up too easily is a real issue. So, this idea might not be necessary.

Thoughts? bee
There are other options like the crusher, I'm not sure why this is necessary
My thoughts on this are that if a ling is on fire that fire timer should reduce the health the ling ends up at at the end of regen stasis. IE if the ling gets welder specialed and only has a couple seconds of fire damage they'll be near full upon exiting, but if they're trying to regen in the middle of a plasmafire with 60+ seconds of fire they're gonna come out of it nearly dead.
I think the availability of minor fire-starting items (welders, lighters, et cetera) would make this a massive nerf to ling in general. the idea's good, and in isolation I like it a lot, there's just not really a quick and easy way to balance it without also clamping the fire sources the crew has at their disposal