Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Allow Clothing Fabs to make Fanny Packs
I think this would just be a cool little thing. With Fanny Packs being a more cloth based object, I thought it would be cool to allow Clothing fabs to make them.

Forgot the damn things can hold guns. In their current version I guess they would be a bit powerful to just flood the servers. Its obviously up to the coders and such to allow this or not, but maybe it isnt the best idea.
I'm on board with this idea, fanny packs are a good backup if you can't get a belt and it makes sense for the fabs that can make backpacks to also make fanny packs
Fannypacks are still a bit too strong right now to be infinite in my opinion.
(09-14-2023, 09:07 PM)DimWhat Wrote: Fannypacks are still a bit too strong right now to be infinite in my opinion.

Huh, never knew you could store guns in a fannypack. Maybe make a green or blue version that can't hold normal sized objects so it's more of a discount belt
Storage on the belt slot is valueable. Like utility belts should not be printable, fanny bags should not as well.

Especially since fanny bags hold large items, which belts cannot.
(09-15-2023, 12:21 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: Storage on the belt slot is valueable. Like utility belts should not be printable, fanny bags should not as well.

I agree that normal fanny bags shouldn't be printable, but I disagree that there shouldn't be a way to print off a belt item. Utility belts hold more items and can be purchased from cargo for a pittance, as well as be found in some maints. 

I understand that inventory management is K I N G though, so if these freeby fanny packs only held 3 small items that would be small enough to not be overwhelming, and still give you that little bit of extra space if cargo has vanished
Having printed fanny packs be a "inferior" storage method would probably make sense, make them more of a decor item by as was said above, reducing the weight class of items they can store. Not the most difficult tweak I imagine
(09-15-2023, 01:07 AM)Dhaidburt Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 12:21 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: Storage on the belt slot is valueable. Like utility belts should not be printable, fanny bags should not as well.

I agree that normal fanny bags shouldn't be printable, but I disagree that there shouldn't be a way to print off a belt item. Utility belts hold more items and can be purchased from cargo for a pittance, as well as be found in some maints. 

I understand that inventory management is K I N G though, so if these freeby fanny packs only held 3 small items that would be small enough to not be overwhelming, and still give you that little bit of extra space if cargo has vanished

I completely forgot the damn things can hold guns and stuff, nevermind then! Lets uh, keep them hidden then eh?
As people said, Fanny Packs are more "Backpack" than "Belt". That being said, I wish we had more and access to them more commonly. Perhaps if the default Fanny Packs could be nerfed, but some of the existing alternate variants remain their strength, it'd be okay. Fanny Packs are cool and unique style, but they are quite strong compared to belts.
I think this is one of those things to where the desire of fanny packs for fashion conflicts with the purpose of fanny packs gameplay wise. Fanny packs are pretty interesting gameplay wise, theyre an intentionally limited item which makes them desirable, and while they have less overall storage space, they can store normal items, making them overall more powerful then belts. I think this is very neat and they fulfill an interesting design space, while I understand the desire to wear these for fashion reasons, I think in order to make that work you'd have to ruin the design space which to me isn't worth it.
Simple fix:
Add a new variant of Fanny packs.

The clown one is of course the LARGEST, since clowns can fix anything in fanny packs.

Then we got the rare LARGE fanny pack. Wich is one slot less then the clown one.

Then we got the printable ones wich will only give 3 extra slots.